Test Engineer - R&D
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Test Engineering
The primary purpose of this position is to upgrade the technical knowledge and background needed for the day to day rigors of preforming dynamic and electrical testing on various cell and battery systems in Research and Development. The successful applicant will be responsible for technical oversight of testing, standardization of tooling and testing processes, upgrade of testing equipment where necessary and practical, error proofing the lab process, trouble-shooting test anomalies, and overall lab flow.
This position will be responsible for equipment used to test battery cells and battery systems for Space, Aircraft, Medical, and R&D, and other testing at several facilities. The person will be responsible for design, manufacturing, maintenance, verification of test equipment, and supporting production test equipment layout for existing and new product lines, and reviewing data for same. In addition, the person will be responsible to develop problem resolutions of non-compliances related to hardware and operators. The position will work with minimum supervision within company policies and procedures.
• To fully test the product or system to ensure it functions properly and meets the business needs.
• Work with development team to identify and capture test cases, ensure version control
• Plan, direct, review, and coordinate project documentation to ensure customer, contract, and company requirements are met.
• Work integrally with electrical hardware and dynamic test equipment and Environmental Test Lab staff to communicate technical ideas for accomplishing environmental testing involving vibration, shock, altitude, acceleration and temperature/humidity testing.
• Read, understand, and follow detailed instructions that involve multiple steps of complex equipment and maintain documentation of same.
• Modify and verify alignment of programs and software documentation (i.e. procedure files) with product specifications and test requirements.
• Organize and maintain the workflow in the assigned area to ensure effective use of resources.
• Participate in the resolution of hardware problems or process non-compliances working with supervisors of Quality, Engineering and Production.
• Design, build, and maintain test equipment and ensure equipment is capable of performing required tests prior to testing customer hardware.
• Review test data to determine out of specification anomalies or failures.
• Support other Quality and Lab functions related to testing as required to maintain production schedules.
• Use Six Sigma and 5S methods to improve or recommend test facility layout and process flow.
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or technolory related field or equivalent experience accepted in liue of formal education.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate with test labs, production supervisors, program managers and customer representatives to support the timing and accuracy of all testing activities.
• Moderate experience in a similar role preferred.
• A strong practical electrical and/or mechanical background preferred
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.