- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Product Engineering
EaglePicher is searching for a Technical Writer to join our team at our C Street Facility in Joplin, MO!
The Technical Writer will be responsible for working directly with Engineers, Quality, Production, Document Control, Subject Matter Experts (SME), and other team members for creating, writing, editing, and maintaining various technical documentation. The ideal candidate will be able to work efficiently and effectively across multiple battery chemistries to create high quality technical procedures and specifications. The Technical Writer will support EaglePicher by serving as the primary resource for technical documentation expertise.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Create, write, edit, and maintain key technical documents including:
- Processing Engineering Change Requests
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SME) and working with Manufacturing to create Work Instructions
- Creating graphs and other visual aids for inclusion in technical documents
- Working with Engineering and Quality to develop manufacturing and inspection procedures, build documentation, test plans, etc.
- Documenting team policies and procedures, while conforming to appropriate styles, policies, and procedures
- Work with various teams to create accurate, clear documentation and assess document functionality
- Collaborate with various functional groups to gain an understanding of the product and/or process for documentation
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all technical documentation prior to release to customers which includes resolving content issues or gaps
- Research, interpret, and chart technical data for incorporation into procedures
- Assist with customer presentations and support customer onsite visits
- Support Design Reviews, Contract Reviews, Corrective Action Boards (CAB), and Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA)
- Facilitate and attend meetings and/or activities to create, edit and/or improve materials/process documents
- Use photography to capture and archive pictures for incorporation into procedures.
- Understanding of battery manufacturing a plus
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, English, Communications, or related field preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience as technical writer for complex electromechanical or similar system based products, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate, interview, and work quickly and effectively in a diverse team environment
- Self-motivated and high energy; ability to work under demanding deadlines; excellent priority/judgment skills; ability to support multiple projects
- Outstanding attention to detail, especially regarding formatting, grammar, and excellent organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office application, with emphasis on MS Word
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Visio highly recommended
- Proficiency with desktop publishing highly recommended
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Experience within a manufacturing environment and/or battery industry experience
- Good working knowledge of PLEXUS or similar ERP system
- A quality and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong technical and/or mechanical aptitude
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.