Technical Project Manager
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Program Management
As a Technical Project Manager with EaglePicher Technologies, you will assist the Program Manager in achieving program deliverables and provide support to the organization's strategic direction. This role is located at our East Greenwich, Rhode Island facility. EaglePicher is a leading manufacturer of various battery power systems used for lasers, aircraft, satellites, and medical devices. Our customers include NASA, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world. Our products make a difference, and our customers demand the best!
This position is focused on managing the technology transition from R&D to manufacturing. Your core responsibilities involve providing direct support to the military aviation business unit Program Manager and will entail evaluating and managing organization processes and operations using the Manufacturing Readiness Assessment (MRA), driving process control documentation and implementation, and conducting cost of finished goods analyses. This position requires 5-7 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Support the technology transition process into a production relevant environment utilizing the organization’s Product Development Process (PDP)
- Contribute to product design reviews for DFMA support
- Create/Update and implement work instruction process documentation (process procedures, test procedures, operating procedures) for cell and battery production steps
- Work with various teams throughout the organization to define and implement customer manufacturing requirements as outlined by the DoD Manufacturing Readiness Level
- Manage labor, scope, and customer deliverables with engineering and manufacturing teams to meet program schedule and cost.
- Communicate weekly program progress, key performance indicators (KPI), and dashboard summaries
- Support Program Manager in preparing customer progress reports and document deliverables
- Contribute to statement of work (SOW) and technical proposal development
- Assist in budgeting and financial forecasting
- Serve as a resource that integrates teams, identifies gaps in activities, and catalyzes implementation
- BS degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Have 1-2 years of project management experience
- Working experience in a new product manufacturing development environment
- Experience with SolidWorks (preferred) and process and quality documentation (AS9100)
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, including Excel and Microsoft Project
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required due to contractual requirements
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.