- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
EaglePicher Technologies (EPT) is seeking a Systems Engineer to join the Research and Development team in EPT’s Yardney Division R&D facility in East Greenwich, RI, to support development of R&D battery systems for Defense, Aerospace and Commercial applications. The position will collaborate across all disciplines of the Integrated Product Team (IPT) to gain full understanding of product architecture and design.
This position will coordinate multiple functions to deliver these products to a wide variety of commercial and military customers such NASA, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, General Electric and many others. To apply you must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
The Systems Engineer will interface with all disciplines of the IPT including Scientists, Engineers, and Management, to develop, define, and implement customer requirements for cells and battery packs used for lasers, aircraft, satellites, and more. The successful applicant will be responsible for performing functional analysis, derivation, and allocation of high-level requirements to lower-level system/sub-system elements, preparing and presenting reports and metrics of area progress, accomplishments, and open items. You will be planning, organizing, and estimating efforts for System Integration & Test (SI&T) tasks, with the possibility of writing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) of the overall work scope in support of Requests For Proposal (RFP).
The role will support the entire project lifecycle, including development, prototyping, integration, verification, and delivery. In addition, the position will contribute to development of the Systems Engineering (SE) process for baseline control of systems engineering work product.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Interpreting system requirements, customer specifications and military standards
- Decomposing stakeholder needs and Operational Concepts (OpsCon) into system/sub-system level requirements
- Originating and maintaining Requirement Verification Test Matrix (RVTM)
- Developing verification strategies for requirements in RVTM
- Authoring Master Test Plans (MTP)
- Developing and executing system/sub-system integration and test activities by developing integration & test plans and procedures
- Writing test reports documenting the results of formal test events
- Establishing methods for collecting, recording, processing, and maintaining data necessary to provide the status accounting information via reports and/or data base access
- Preparing data for archival and maintaining archive records for retrieval, as required
- Supporting Functional and Physical Configuration Audits (FCA & PCA), as required
- Participating in technical reviews and status meetings
- Adhering to company policies and procedures.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- 5 years of relevant systems engineering experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Able to contribute to collaborative team environment.
- 8+ years of system development with a fundamental understanding of the product development life cycle.
- Proficient in system integration and test development products/solutions.
- Working knowledge of IBM Rational Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS). Experience with other Requirements Tracking Software or Applications is helpful.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Background utilizing the System “V” life cycle development process.
- Experience performing requirements analysis.
- Experience proposing and/or implementing process improvements especially those embracing Configuration Management.
- An understanding/knowledge of related disciplines, particularly familiarization with hardware engineering methods and processes to include supporting hardware reviews and configuration audits.
- History of performing hardware design verification is desired.
- Familiarity with military standards.
- Experience using tools such as Product Data Management (PDM), Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, or other workgroup collaboration tools.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD), other US Government agencies, and/or Aerospace industry experience.
- ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D and stage gate development process experience.
- Prior experience in military electronics design and reliability. Prior Battery and Battery Management System (BMS) design & development is highly preferred.
- A can-do attitude, passion to succeed and an ability and willingness to wear multiple hats as needed.
- Motivated, passionate, self-starter with a track record of delivering above and beyond expectations.
- Solid problem-solving expertise with an exceptionally well organized and detail-oriented work ethic.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D certified and our medical facilities are ISO 13485:2016 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.