Sr. Welding Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
As a Sr. Welding Engineer at EaglePicher, you will be a subject matter expert for welding at multiple manufacturing sites performing high-reliability resistance, fusion, and ultrasonic joining operations. Processes include gas-tungsten arc and laser beam fusion welding, micro resistance spot welding, brazing, soldering, and ultrasonic joining on a variety of challenging materials. You will provide input on new product designs as it relates to welding, develop and qualify new welding processes, spec and implement equipment, support failure investigations, and coordinate company-wide welding training and certification.
- Be the welding subject matter expert for multiple sites
- Provide input on new product designs to ensure proper material selection, joint design, and welding requirements are defined early in the design process
- Develop and qualify/validate new welding processes and welding procedures including tooling
- Write technical reports documenting qualification of processes and procedures
- Research, spec, implement, and qualify new welding methods and equipment
- Help support complex weld-related failure investigations and troubleshooting
- Coordinate and conduct welding training and certifications for multiple sites
- Mentor and train other welding and manufacturing process engineers
- Participate in audits of shop floor processes and in Lean/Six Sigma improvement efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Welding Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent Engineering Technology discipline
- 7+ years of applicable experience
- Strong combination of welding knowledge with demonstrated practical hands-on experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude with understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerance analysis and statistical qualification methodology
- Detail oriented with an analytical and structured approach to problem solving in a team environment
- Technical writing experience
- Proficient with Microsoft office software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- High energy and self-motivated with a passion for process improvement
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Advanced technical degree
- Certified Welding Engineer through AWS CWI or SCWI
- Experience with laser beam welding, resistance welding, ultrasonic welding, gas-tungsetn arc welding, soldering, and brazing.
- Working experience with aerospace welding specifications AWS D17.1 (fusion) and D17.2 (resistance)
- Experience in manufacturing of high reliability Aerospace and/or implanted Medical devices
- Battery industry and process experience
- Experienced with automated / robotic welding processes, including vision inspection
- Strong machine programming skills for welding equipment such as lasers.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1913