Sr. Project Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO and East Greenwich, RI. We are ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Sr. Project Engineer with EaglePicher Technologies you will join our Defense Process Engineering Team in a Key Staff Position as a direct report to the Senior Director of Defense Process Engineering. In this position, you will interface with all the Process Engineering Teams with the development and managing of Program Timelines on Specific Projects, Initiatives, KPI’s and Capex Spending. You will work directly with other department representatives in the Process Engineering Group PDP sign offs and documentation as it integrates with the 2516 and Corporate Gate System. The Sr. Project Engineer will be part of the Defense Process Engineering Management Team and participate with day to day operations, weekly planning meetings, quarterly Program Status Meetings and all
Vendor equipment negotiations and purchases.
What can EaglePicher Technologies do for you?
- Come and grow with a company that is rapidly expanding into new battery solution spaces for aircraft electrification, hybrid power systems and satellites.
- Become a part of the evolution of lithium-ion rechargeable battery technology, and other novel battery chemistry system solutions to positively impact our environment.
- Directly impact the development of the most differentiated, disruptive and value-added battery system technologies in the industry
- Collaborate with a word-class team on leading-edge innovation for energy and power sources.
- Gain experience working on a wide range of high-performance products across multiple teams, in commercial and military markets.
- Engage in an environment where teams embrace and celebrate inclusion and diversity
What can you do for EaglePicher Technologies?
- Assist in Capex definition and vendor quotations and negotiations
- Develop professional and timely project timelines supporting Process Engineering
- Participate in all Process Engineering Staff Meetings and Planning activities
- Work with all Process Engineers on managing individual Microsoft Project Details
- Interface with R&D, Product Engineering, Program Management, Quality, Operations and Supply Chain
- Own Process Engineering PDP and 2516 Gate Documentation and sign off status
- Bring a positive professional working presence to the Process Engineering Group
- Be part of an innovative and focused engineering staff with diverse expertise
- 10-20% travel is expected between EaglePicher facilities as well our customers and partners.
What you need for success:
- Business Administration – Accounting and Program Management Preferred
- Experience working with multiple business groups
- Experience with professional written documentation
- Experience with excel spreadsheets
- Experience with Supply Chain negotiations and purchase disciplines
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills
- Microsoft Project Timeline development and management
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint presentation structure and documentation
- Ability to interface with Process Engineers with timely deliverables
- Must be a US Person or Permanent Resident
- In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have / be:
- Self-starter with a track record of delivering above and beyond expectations.
- A can-do attitude, passion to succeed and an ability and willingness to wear multiple hats as needed
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally as needed
- Solid problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Proven ability to handle more than one project simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2293