Sr. Product Manager
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
The Senior Product Manager formulates/plans recommends and directs specific engineering and product development projects including feasibility and pilot production projects.
- Provides technical support, training and assistance to the organization.
- Manages matrixed team as needed for improved product lines and new product introductions.
- Utilizes broad range of product knowledge and experience as acting site subject matter expert.
- Manages projects from initiation to completion by providing assistance and direction to sales managers, engineers, team members, operations personnel, follows up on status and progress.
- Provides technical product development strategy by preparing project plan, initiating corrective actions, identifying requirements, resources, costs, benefits, etc. to optimize processes and equipment utilization that allows effective transfer to manufacturing.
- Advises and trains technical staff and Supervisors on our core technology know how.
- Assists with determination of design feasibility considering costs, time/equipment limitations, planning and other technical and economic factors.
- Analyzes engineering proposals, process requirements and related technical data pertaining to design; including interpretation and evaluation of customer prints, requirements and specifications.
- Reviews and approves internal drawings provided by mechanical design engineering.
- Assists manufacturing engineering with troubleshooting process issues to increase yield and efficiencies; including - MRB involvement as needed.
- Assists with Quote/Order Workflow and ECRs as needed.
- Reviews PPAP/FAIs as needed.
- Mentors less experienced engineers and staff on core technologies.
- Adhere to all company safety equipment requirements at all times within designated areas, including, but not limited to, safety glasses, safety shoes, and specialized PPE required for each department.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to EHS, Right to Know and RECRA requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, degree in Ceramic and Glass Science or Metallurgy/Materials Science strongly
- preferred. Master’s degree is a plus, Lean Six Sigma Training (Green/Black Belt) preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with glass-to-metal seals, including a minimum of 5 years’ of product management and delivery of defense products.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Technical Liaison with internal and external customers.
- Project Management, SAP, ITAR, Problem Solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive experience as customer/supplier liaison and technical consultant
- Project management ability
- Experience with problem solving in a mechanical design or a production environment is required.
- Must be a self-starter with a hands-on approach and capability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excel, Word, Power Point savvy.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays, and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.