Sr. Product Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Sr. Product Engineer is responsible for engineering project leadership related to a wide range of project types including custom battery assemblies that contain Battery Management Systems (BMS), battery cells, electronics circuits, electrical connections and mechanical/thermal structures. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Partners with other functional groups to establish processes for maintaining high standards of engineering to ensure that products conform to customer specifications and are transferred from development stages to production.
- Participate in the review and preparation of proposals, when needed.
- Oversees the planning and coordination of engineering transfer projects.
- Identify and delegate technical objectives and tasks to contributing engineers.
- Coordinate and interface with multiple levels of functional groups and management to achieve project goals.
- Present technical information related to various products to customers and management as needed.
- Drives engagement and accountability within the organization to ensure successful product transition resulting in efficient time to market.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity.
- Advance and Maintain Compliance with an ISO, IPC, AS etc. standards.
- Ability to travel within a 40-mile radius regularly as well as domestically as required.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Extensive experience in enineering, preferably in a development-oriented envirnoment related to department of defense applications.
- Moderate experience directing projects in a large company.
- Experience in an environment with hazardous chemicals, robotic equipment, and explosive materials preferred.
- Strong understanding of product development processes is required.
- Strong technical writing skill is required.
- Minimum of five year’s work experience in a related role in engineering or project management required.
- Knowledge of power and energy storage battery systems is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter and program-driven.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2470