Sr Process Development Manager
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference? Come build cutting edge battery systems that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships. To apply you must have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in engineering or equivalent experience in complex system based products, be interested in battery management systems, and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking an experienced Senior Process Development Manager that is a sharp engineer who thrives on implementing improvements in battery performance and increasing efficiencies. We are looking for the person who can make us the best of the best, and embrace the philosophy that the best isn’t good enough! You will join the R&D team and be a key contributor in prototyping, process design and layout. You will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our customers who include NASA, General Electric, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world.
Your core responsibilities will be technical process development to ensure production of the best battery product on the market. Responsibilities include:
- Directing a team of technical and manufacturing professionals in implementing process improvements to improve efficiencies, drive production, and reduce scrap and lower material cost
- Direct scale up of production from qualification, to pilot scale to full scale manufacturing
- Liaison with supply chain, engineering, and manufacturing resources to ensure product is produced within budget, and on schedule
- Develop and implement best practices for change control, BOM management, and issue tracking
- Oversee and assist in the transfer of product from one site to another manufacturing site
- Provide technical support and expertise in troubleshooting existing problem formulations and suggest suitable improvements
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS or MS Engineering Degree with a technical background (electrical, mechanical, chemical, systems, mechatronics, or embedded control) in energetic devices
- S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident required due to contractual requirements
- Minimum 8 years of overall engineering experience and 3 years of recent project leadership of any sufficiently complex system based products
- Prior experience with automated assembly of electrochemical cells
- Applied technical engineering experience in a system based product
- Highly driven personality with an ability to motivate engineering and operations teams, as well ‘influence management’ Conflict resolution experience is helpful.
- Ability to understand macro level objectives and priorities while driving detailed level actions
- Experience in prototyping or R&D environments
- Proficient in developing cost and schedule framework for projects
- Strong problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Proven excellence in effective communication, interactive and presentation skills
- Battery management systems, high voltage/high power testing and safety, OR Project leadership experience in a Department of Defense (DoD), BMS or Aerospace environment required
- Advanced knowledge of business concepts and principles associated with project cost and forecasting (prefer to include Earned Value Management System)
- In addition to engineering degree, Business degree, Master's or equivalent experience is highly preferred
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE:
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.