Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechnical Engineer Position Profile
Position Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Reports To: Open Position, Principal Engineer
Position Location: Joplin, MO
Overview of the Position: The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for performing design, development and qualification of cell and battery packs according to customer specifications and documentation requirements in line with project timing and budgets. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work closely with R&D and Manufacturing Engineering teams to execute and deliver existing and new products.
· Execute battery development projects from the first concept prototype stage through further development, validation/qualification testing, and ending in a CDR and hand-off to Operations. Evaluate materials, assembly processes, battery design configurations, and other battery parameters with Design of Experiment (DOE) methodology. Develop critical understanding of battery performance for a given application.
· Coordinate and execute product development trials. Summarize and present respective results, with conclusions, and recommendations. Interact with customers on a regular basis. Deliver initial batteries to customers.
· Develop processes/tooling for pilot scale manufacturing.
· Prepare assembly and process specifications, along with other engineering documents.
· Establish and maintain best engineering practices and product lifecycle management techniques to ensure top quality for new product introductions.
· Reduce cost of product and prepare cost estimates.
· Support all development phases including design refinement, validation, and pilot production.
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing / Engineering technology, or related discipline.
· 5-10 years’ experience in R&D, or Product Development. An understanding of battery product design and processing is desired.
· Knowledge of Minitab, SPC, and DOE methodology is required.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
· Able to contribute to collaborative team environment.
· Self-motivated and hands-on. Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
· 3D CAD modeling knowledge. Autodesk Inventor experience is a plus.
· Experience in FEA (ANSYS) and other numerical modeling methods will be helpful.
· Skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Word Outlook).