Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - Crossroads
- Job ID
- # of Openings
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and our Electronic Packaging division in Southbridge, MA. We are ISO9001:2015, and AS9100D certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer at EaglePicher, you will be the process owner and technical SME for all processes in your designated site and area(s). Your primary responsibility will be to provide the operations team with world-class processes, equipment, and tools to ensure products are manufactured safely and efficiently to meet the mission-critical quality standards our Defense customers demand. Passion for process improvement is required. Obsession is preferred!
- Develop, document, maintain, and improve manufacturing processes with Safety in mind
- Spec, procure and implement capital equipment
- Support automation projects for site growth
- Design and procure tooling and fixtures
- Create and maintain process work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Train manufacturing personnel on new processes and equipment
- Troubleshoot and solve process, equipment and ERP-related issues at the manufacturing level
- Support failure investigations to determine root cause and implement corrective actions
- Review new product designs for manufacturability and provide input to the design team as part of the stage-gate process (PDP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related technical discipline
- 8+ years of applicable experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude with an understanding of dimensioning and tolerance analysis
- Detail oriented with an analytical and structured approach to problem-solving
- Experienced and knowledgeable with automated assembly equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with manufacturing line implementation from pilot stage to production scale up
- Technical writing experience
- Solid Modeling 3D CAD design software experience
- Proficient with Microsoft office software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- High energy and self-motivated with a passion for process improvement
- Battery industry experience (especially Li-Ion batteries)
- Experience with material joining processes (LBW, GTAW, RSW, USW, Soldering, Polymerics, etc.)
- Robotics and process/assembly automation experience
- Automated inspection experience (vision systems, etc.)
- Experience with formal process validation methods such as IQ, OQ, PQ.
- Experience with statistical data collection, analysis and reporting
- Project management experience
- Six Sigma methodology knowledge and experience
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status as a veteran, pregnancy and related conditions, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 2506