Sr. Manager of Energetics Compliance
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Health & Safety
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and our Electronic Packaging division in Southbridge, MA. We are ISO9001:2015, and AS9100D certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Sr. Manager of Energetics Compliance will serve as the subject matter expert for EaglePicher entergetics regarding health, safety, transportation, and licensing. The Sr. Manager of Energetics Compliance will support all aspects of energetics activity within the EaglePicher facilities. This position will develop a systematic and organized approach to meet US and foreign explosive, safety, health, environmental, transportation regulations. In addition, the position will serve as an explosive subject matter expert to facilitate the Business Development team and support customer growth opportunities and needs. The Sr. Manager of Energetics Compliance is an integral member of the leadership team that drives the success of the business through a safety-oriented culture, reducing the frequency and severity of EHS incidents, and ensuring successful product distribution globally. This position may have supervisory and mentoring responsibility for other EHS professionals, managing workers compensation, and establishing best explosive practices across the company.
- Performs many essential functions such as: creating a safe work environment, managing workers’ compensation and property risk, training individuals, monitoring work environment for safety risks, recommending corrective actions and assisting with implementation.
- Responsible for knowing and driving compliance with all Federal, State and Local environmental standards and regulations for multiple facilities, processes, hazards, states, materials, etc.
- Responsible for knowing and implementing Department of Defense explosive safety regulations under DOD 4145.26-M.
- Builds an engaged team of EHS professionals and business partners, that drives a safety-oriented culture through the design and implementation of safety programs and training. Creates a proactive strategy to prevent safety incidents, raise awareness, increase engagement, lower incident rates and drive change.
- Writes, implements, manages and communicates best in class EHS programs, policies, training and ensures adoption across facilities, as applicable.
- Establishes and maintains methodologies and strategies that help institute safety awareness and culture, such as regular Gemba walks on the manufacturing floor.
- Completes and maintains relevant EHS / documentation for assigned facilities/ areas of responsibility.
- Provide engineering and process hazards assessments for new and existing energetic products, processes, and facilities.
- Conducts compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support health, process safety, environmental management, and business development.
- May respond to emergency situations during standard work hours and after hours for the purpose of remediating EHS concern. Assists with emergency response and provides first aid treatment, as necessary.
- Identifies opportunities for and leads corrective actions and process safety continuous improvement activities.
- Maintains positive relationships with internal customers, external customers, and domestic/foreign agencies.
- Develop and maintain process documentation including test plans, engineering reports, standard operating procedures, travelers, and risk assessments for explosive shielding, handling, UN testing, and equipment.
- Teaches and provides mentorship to more junior employees.
- Provides guidance, assistance, oversight and decision-making authority for subordinate personnel and production related issues within area; consulting supervisor as necessary.
- Master’s Degree Health & Safety, Explosives, Chemistry, or related discipline required
- Advanced experience in a responsible environmental, health, and safety position with previous leadership experience
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of Worker’s Compensation laws and best practices
- Ability to commute between multiple sites and travel internationally
- Preferred: Experience working with US and Foreign explosive regulatory agencies.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident with current US Passport
Additional Training Requirements
Additional Preferred Training/Certifications: 40 Hour HAZWOPPER, CPR/First Aid, 49 CFR HAZMAT Employee, IATA
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status as a veteran, pregnancy and related conditions, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2520