Sr. Engineering Technician - Electrical
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Engineering Technician is responsible for assisting the Product Engineering group with maintaining the technical quality of electronic systems in our Aerospace and Defense products. Test, calibrate, troubleshoot, modify, and provide design recommendations on battery management electronics and complete battery assemblies used in a variety of environments including defense, aviation, and space. Assist the engineering group with developing high quality procedures for manufacturing and testing products. Ideal candidate will have experience in testing and troubleshooting power conversion circuits, precision measurement circuits, and analog/digital conversion, as well experience in manufacturing and production testing environments.
- The core responsibilities of the position are:
- Perform testing, calibration, modification, and troubleshooting of printed circuit boards, electronics assemblies, and battery assemblies
- Interpret analytical and test results and apply results to the improvement of the product and process
- Assist engineering group in preparing, reviewing, and improving drawings and procedures
- Help solve processing and production problems by obtaining data and performing analysis to identify cause and effect
- Effectively interpret and communicate technical information and complex ideas in support of external and internal customers
- Assist engineering group in design for manufacturability
- Associate's Degree in Electonics or related field. Equivalent coursework or experience may be accepted in lieu of and associates degree.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Associate's Degree in Electronics Engineering or related field, or equivalent coursework or experience, is required
- General knowledge of AC to DC and DC to DC power conversion methods is required
- General knowledge of analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion methods is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for data analysis, reduction, and presentation required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Demonstrated self-starter and schedule-driven required
- Demonstrated attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information required
- Minimum three years of work experience in related role in electronics and/or battery testing preferred
- Experience in environmental testing preferred
- Experience in precision voltage and current measurement is preferred
- Embedded controller design and software/firmware programming experience/capability preferred
- Familiarity with AS9100, ISO9001, DoD, NASA and IPC standards and quality requirements preferred
- Experience in development and maintenance of Engineering and Production documentation preferred
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.