Sr. Director of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
Sr. Director of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
(Manufacturing Engineering, Crossroads Facility)
EaglePicher’s Crossroads Facility in Joplin, MO is in need of a Sr. Director of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering to join the Manufacturing Engineering Team! This position works with business, technology and operations partners to lead the Product and Automation Engineering teams to oversee and lead the integration of company goals and objectives occurs across the functional teams.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of Directors and Engineers focused on designing and developing a product and/or product family of batteries and energetic devices for use in the defense, space and medical device segments focused on production procedures that efficiently utilize materials and personal. Ensure tests for final products meet company quality objectives and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
Reporting into the VP of Operations, the Senior Director plays a key role in defining the engagement approach, managing business relationships and is accountable for the execution of robotics initiatives; including developing the five year blueprint for business automation, resource planning, conducting research and analysis, generating ideas, process mapping and building Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Staff and lead the engineering team, ensuring assigned project goals and objectives are achieved while following EaglePicher’s established development procedures.
- Work closely with the R&D team to ensure a seamless transfer of new products into production.
- Investigate, propose, and manage new product development efforts or product updates.
- Interface with other departments & management to communicate status of projects.
- Review technical reports and recommend modifications or adjustments in order to meet specifications.
- Assess equipment requirements to achieve objectives and facilitate budgetary planning.
- Coordinate with teams to create and release Product Requirement Documents for assigned product ideas.
- Form cross-functional teams responsible for the overall management of development projects.
- Execute initiatives in line with the enterprise strategy and direction.
- Educate business partners on the enterprise strategy by effectively communicating the approach and benefits.
- Build solutions with the enterprise direction to facilitate integration across models.
- Champion the adoption of standard enterprise tools.
- Manage key relationships with partners to build a lasting foundation of trust and advice.
- Ensure successful transition of solutions to the business for on-going maintenance, sustainment, and continued improvement.
- Act as a key partner and conduit between business and technology.
- Oversee the interaction between the technical, manufacturing, and EHS teams to ensure personnel safety and environmental safety considerations are fully understood and addressed during the project planning phase..
- Interface with SBU leadership during business plan development to create accurate models for anticipated production rates, line capacity, and facilities required to effectively support new product releases in the short term and over the life of the product.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Preferred) in business/commerce, data sciences, engineering, finance and/or mathematics, and/or 7 to 10 years of experience in process design, programming, analytics, finance and/or consulting.
- Have experience in programming concepts, particularly in the fields of Robotic Process Automation, cognitive learning, and machine learning.
- Have experience with Robotics tools, e.g. Work Fusion, Automation Anywhere, UI Path.
- Have an expert-level knowledge in business process design, diagnostic work, organizational design, change management, and project/program management.
- Be passionate about leveraging emerging technology to simplify processes.
- Possess knowledge of design and analysis methodologies to work in an agile development environment.
- Demonstrate solid communication skills (both written and verbal) and relationship management skills at a senior management level.
- Exhibit advanced critical thinking skills, integrative skills and creativity to drive innovation.
- Demonstrate ability to build a good fact base, apply sound reasoning, and generate relevant recommendations that get implemented and lead to business success.
- Be able to work highly independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Possess solid leadership skills and be able to work successfully with a team that has diverse skills, knowledge, and educational backgrounds.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.