Sr. Category Specialist - Front End of the Business
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Supply Chain
The Senior Category Specialist is responsible for the material strategy and execution of FEOTB (Front End of the Business) programs. FEOTB Programs at EaglePicher are programs that are early in the development phase where sourcing decisions are extremely important to ensure long term supply chain viability for the program. The FEOTB Senior Category Specialist must collaborate with internal stakeholders to analyze demand, align supply chain partners and be extremely flexible and agile. Speed to purchase order placement is important to ensure program Engineering and Program Management have hardware ‘in hand’ as soon as possible. While the FEOTB Senior Category Specialist will not be the direct Engineering Authority for the Program, it is expected that this role provide technical recommendations and material solutions to the program team.
Additional key aspects of this role are a high level of attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to solve complex problems, an innovative and creative mindset, strong negotiation experiences and skills, knowledge of DoD procurement regulations such as FAR and DFAR, experiences managing Suppliers to achieve aggressive cost reductions, improved quality and reduced leadtime performance. An Engineering or technical background and knowledge base.
- Leads the EaglePicher supply chain for the assigned programs by being the subject matter expert with the industry, technology, and business management of the Suppliers.
- Acts as the Company agent responsible for the overall performance of the Suppliers for the assigned programs
- Develops a material strategy for the programs and assists the program stakeholders in developing technical solutions for the material content that will be required for the program
- Completes all required compliance documentation for purchase orders and new suppliers
- Completes supplier RFX process, developing a clear understanding of product and supplier to ensure desired capabilities exist with that supplier, as well as determine and implement the most economic ordering methods;
- Request quotes for customer contract proposals with guidance from Supply Chain Management leadership;
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure development program schedules are feasible and reliable
- Contribute to a strong governance culture by complying with appropriate policies and procedures;
- Collaborates with Supplier Quality to develop Suppliers where capabilities do not exist and creates solutions to material requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, Operations or related field required.
A technical background and / or Engineering degree is preferred.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- At least (5) five years of experience is required in a professional career position.
- Engineering or technical experience in chemical, electrical or mechanical
- An understanding of government procurement policies and procedures preferred, such as FAR and DFAR requirements.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as, excellent interpersonal skills are preferred
- Strong negotiation experience in all aspects of contracting; price, schedule, quality, terms and conditions, etc.
- Experience with Energy Storage or Government Procurement and Acquisitions preferred
- Be a strong team player who is able to develop and maintain close working internal and external relationships
- Exhibit solid judgment and the ability to make good decisions with minimal supervision
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.