Software Engineer - Entry Level
- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher Technologies is looking for an energetic entry level Software Engineer for the development of safety critical systems. This position has the ability to work in both embedded and desktop software environments to deliver mission critical battery solutions to our customers. Come join the team to build software for cutting edge lithium ion battery management systems and integrated power solutions that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships.
- Strong writing skills to create software design documents in compliance with software design standard(s).
- Ability to create source code in compliance with software coding standard(s) including static and dynamic analysis.
- Ability to produce integration and unit testing of delivered source code and perform traceability to appropriate documents.
- Openness to modify documents and source code based on technical reviews and mentoring.
- Comfortable working with physical hardware and lab equipment for the delivery of Battery Solutions.
- Dedication to protect both customer and corporate confidential information and equipment.
- Continuous self-improvement updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing hardware. Methods can include enrolling in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physics
- Hands on delivery (development and/or test) of a software application in at least one internship
- Working knowledge in
- C/C++ for embedded systems software development
- Desktop software development (such as C#)
- Object Oriented Design (OOD)
- Software test approaches
- Strong written skills to create software documentation in a regulated environment
- Ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Hands on experience with lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Experience working with Real Time Operating Systems or Event Driven Architectures
- Working knowledge of Java, Python
- Ability to create server side applications
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.