Site Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and our Electronic Packaging division in Southbridge, MA. We are ISO9001:2015, and AS9100D certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Site Lead Manufacturing Engineer at EaglePicher, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and guiding the day-to-day production support activities for the site manufacturing engineering team in order to provide the operations team with world-class processes, equipment, and tools to ensure batteries are manufactured safely and efficiently to meet the mission-critical quality standards our Defense customers demand. Passion for process improvement is required. Obsession is preferred!
- Maintain and communicate site activities to direct report regularly
- Work with site leaders and stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities, develop ROI, and execute projects
- Ensure the site Mfg Eng team develops, documents, maintains, and improves manufacturing processes for ongoing production
- Support identification, specification creation, procurement, implementation, and validation of capital equipment
- Support automation projects in collaboration with the Automation Engineering team (as needed)
- Design tooling and fixtures in collaboration with the Tooling Engineering team (as needed)
- Ensure effective training of manufacturing personnel on new processes and equipment
- Ensure timely troubleshooting and solving process and equipment issues
- Support failure investigations to determine root cause and implement corrective actions
- Collaborate in the review of legacy product designs for manufacturability and provide input to the Product Engineering team
- Assist with yearly Performance Goal setting and review for the site Mfg Eng team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related technical discipline required.
- U.S. Persons required
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Excellent communication skills, working with internal and external resources at all levels
- Assertive and schedule-driven
- Project management in team environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude with understanding of dimensioning and tolerance analysis
- Detail oriented with an analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- Experienced and knowledgeable with automated assembly equipment
- Technical writing experience
- Solid Modeling 3D CAD design software experience
- Proficient with Microsoft office software
- High energy and self-motivated with a passion for process improvement— team work spirit is essential
- Battery industry experience (especially SOZ batteries)
- Experience with powder metal processing (powder feeding, pellet pressing/consolidation, etc.)
- Experience with high precision presses, tooling and dies
- Experience with welding/metal joining (laser, resistance, tig, etc.)
- Robotics and process/assembly automation experience
- Automated inspection experience (vision systems, etc.)
- Experience with formal process validation methods such as IQ, OQ, PQ.
- Experience with statistical data collection, analysis and reporting
- Six Sigma methodology knowledge and experience
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status as a veteran, pregnancy and related conditions, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.