Senior Quality Engineer
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference? Come build cutting edge hybrid lithium ion battery systems that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships. To apply you must have a Bachelors or Masters Degree, at least 8 years’ experience, and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident/Green Card holder.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a Sr. Quality Engineer who is a sharp engineer that thrives on quality systems management and still enjoys being close to the product. As the Sr. Quality Engineer for our Lithiumstart facility in Burlingame, CA, you will join the team and be a key contributor in our hands on design and prototyping of lithium ion battery systems and power electronics used for lasers, thrust vectoring, robotics, and more as you lead us through ISO9001 implementation and beyond. You will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our vendors and customers who include NASA, General Electric, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world.
Your core responsibilities will be initially focused around "building quality into the system" as well as developing and implementing ISO9001 for our R&D focused facility. You will be responsible for Quality processes which include, but are not limited to: Product Development; Manufacturing Quality; Process Documentation and Records; CAPA; Internal Audits; You may also provide oversight of our EH&S system with corporate support.
As the Quality Engineer of the facility, you will also:
- Obtain ISO9001 2015 certification for the facility in 2018
- Ensure the effective transfer of products from R&D to Manufacturing
- Review and assist in creation of detailed work instructions that involve multiple steps of complex equipment and maintain documentation
- Drive continuous improvement of processes using quality tools such as PDCA, Kaizen, Lean
- Work with Operations and Engineering departments to develop and validate processes with "built in" quality that will translate to efficient processes
- Work with Engineering and Manufacturing departments to qualify and validate new equipment, processes, and procedures including creating Quality Plans
- Inspection of parts and product (i.e. incoming/outgoing inspections; supplier quality)Lead MRB and participate in CCB
- Create Quality Program Plans derived from customer flow downs and internal best practices
- BS or MS Engineering Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathmatics or related field with a technical background in complex systems based products (electro-mechanical with embedded control)
- U.S. Citizenship required due to contractual requirements
- Previous hands on experience leading the implementation and obtaining ISO9001 certification in a Product Development, low volume/prototype or R&D environment
- Track record of driving continuous improvement of Quality KPIs
- Excellent ability to teach/train; seek to learn/understand
- Minimum 8 years of quality engineering experience and 3 years of quality leadership
- Proven ability to interface with cross functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Able to develop cost and schedule framework for projects; MS Office proficiency
- Strong problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Proven excellence in effective communication, interactive and presentation skills
- Willing to travel locally and domestically up to ~10% for product transfer validation / supplier quality
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Able to work flexible hours when needed
- Experienced in working with MRP systems
- Battery management systems, high voltage/high power testing and safety, helpful
- Expert leadership and management skills, particularly "influence management"
ENVIRONMENT AND PERKS
- Flexible schedule
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite meals, snacks, and drinks, ping pong, foosball, and basketball
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 10 paid holidays and 3 weeks of PTO
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement
- Dependent scholarship programs
Principals only please.
Lithiumstart, located in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a division of EaglePicher Technologies LLC. EaglePicher Technologies is a leading producer of batteries and has been serving mission critical aerospace, defense, and medical battery markets for over 75 years. EaglePicher's batteries are a key enabler of the US space program, including providing the emergency power that successfully brought the Apollo 13 crew home. Today EaglePicher batteries power the International Space Station, Mars Rovers, commercial jets, helicopters, and lifesaving medical implants. Based in San Francisco, Lithiumstart was acquired by EaglePicher in February 2017 and serves as the company’s rapid prototyping R&D center with specialties in embedded software, electronics, and robotics.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.