Senior Human Resources Manager
Sr Manager Human Resources – EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
The Sr Manager Human Resources will be responsible for managing and coordinating a broad range of functions and activities within human resources discipline. Leads, directs, develops and maintains partnerships with business and functional groups to integrate and implement strategic Human Resources practices and systems to support business strategy. The Sr Manager is a member of the extended leadership team and reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources. The Sr Manager-HR serves as the primary HR contact for designated facility(ies) and is a subject matter expert in specialized HR functions.
· Provides strategic support to business unit leaders with employing a systemic approach and with consideration of geographical and regional requirements, regulations and practices.
· Primarily responsible in providing day-to-day HR support for facilities that includes assisting employees with HR related matters, handling full spectrum of employee life cycle events from pre-hire to retire; and HR transactional activities, paperwork and processing.
· Acts as primary project lead on HR initiatives including projects such as performance management, leadership development, coaching, training, employee engagement, etc.
· Serve as SME in specialized HR functions such as compensation, benefits, recruiting, engagement, performance management, development, executive coaching, etc.
· Develops Human Resources strategies that are global, integrated and aligned with business objectives and organizational capabilities. Provides technical expertise in program design, review and implementation.
· Quantifies and calculates the return on investment of integrated strategic Human Resources processes and practices as they relate to the business. Responsible for identifying, tracking, and measuring important HR related metrics as well as addressing gaps.
· Provides in-depth expertise to management to research, design and implement creative options to provide value added Human Resources solutions for challenging situations, problems and issues.
· Partners with safety, technical training, quality and other departments to align efforts and deliver tailored solutions across facilities.
· Develops, plans, and executes human capital management initiatives to support business activity. This includes recruitment, right sizing and reorganization programs.
· Researches and recommends the use of corporate Human Resource policies and procedures and counsels on compliance issues. Recommends and drafts policy revisions that better support the organization globally.
· Interprets Company policy relative to Human Resources and responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, conducts and analyzes exit interviews. Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
· Researches, develops, coordinates and conducts management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment. Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Develops collateral information, such as brochures and materials.
· Develops, administers and analyzes performance review program and salary administration to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
· Stays current on latest HR related regulation, legal and compliance related matters to ensure HR compliance, developing and administering compliance programs and initiatives including internal audits. Ensures gaps are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
Required Education and Experience
· A bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational leadership, business administration or related field and at least 5 years related experience and/or training; HR certifications a plus.
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office products required; prefer familiarity with HR and Talent Management systems including an HRIS and ATS.
· Demonstrated expertise in a specialized HR function such as compensation, benefits, recruiting, performance management, talent development, etc.
· Excellent project management skills with ability to execute on objectives while handling day-to-day assignments.
· Highly collaborative and demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment with strong communication, interpersonal skills and comfort with high level reporting.
· Self-motivated, confident, energetic, highly creative, analytical and tactical; providing sound judgment and decision-making.