Senior Corporate Accountant
EaglePicher is searching for a
The Senior Accountant plays a critical role in the company’s accounting & financial reporting process. This position will have a direct reporting line to the Assistant Controller and will help drive future improvements in the finance function at EaglePicher. This role will also have significant direct interaction with the Corporate Controller, VP of FP&A and CFO on a regular basis and will require effective cross-functional relationships with our operations, FP&A group, human resources, payroll, and IT.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
§ Monthly closing responsibility for the corporate ledger, including:
o Posting of journal entries
o Timely completion of close checklist
o Preparation and reconciliation of corporate accounts, including debt, leases, prepaid insurance, corporate accruals, corporate allocation entries, intangible assets, equity, and intercompany accounts.
o Analytical analysis of corporate ledger activity
o Reporting of corporate departmental spending and FX exchange activity
§ Monthly and quarterly financial reporting responsibilities, including the preparation of roll forward schedules, consolidated financial statements (including cash flow statement), debt covenant calculations, and preparation of the annual footnote disclosures.
§ Maintenance of company-wide chart of accounts and reporting tool chart of accounts
§ Assistance with requests from our external auditors.
§ Involvement in departmental projects, including:
o Goodwill / intangibles impairment testing
o Benefit plan accounting
o Implementation of new accounting standards
o Research and documentation of technical accounting issues
o M&A projects
o Purchase accounting valuations
o Process documentation
o Assistance with the implementation of a new ERP system
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Minimum 4 years of accounting experience, public accounting a plus
· CPA preferred
· BS degree in Business Administration in Accountancy
· Strong Accounting knowledge – knowledge of US GAAP and the ability to apply US GAAP requirements within the consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures (income statement, balance sheet, equity, foreign currency, and cash flows)
· Solid analytical skills – a professional who is able to apply strong analytical skills to improve various aspects of the month-end, consolidation and reporting processes
· Track record of continuous improvement – an energetic individual who is not satisfied with the status quo and is always focused on the improvement of business processes, reporting, and controls
· Proactive approach – someone addresses each task with a sense of urgency and is capable of generating a high volume of quality work products
· Strong interpersonal skills – a relationship builder with a professional, open and confident style who can build bridges and work effectively across our organization and who has strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong PC skills – including advanced Excel (pivot tables, macros, etc.), data extraction, Word, and PowerPoint