- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
Scientist position will support R&D activities related to electrochemical cell development, including component development such as electrodes and electrolytes, new materials and process development, cell design, general and electrochemical performance characterization, abuse testing, and failure analysis. This role will include both fundamental and hands-on laboratory activities for multiple electrochemistries and projects.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Develop characterization methods as needed to evaluate cell components utilizing both internal and external analytical testing capabilities.
- Conduct benchmark studies of materials, additives, and solvents, and provide assessment of their potential through analytical and electrochemical testing.
- Perform material and component sub-assembly tests and model performance to support baseline cell designs.
- Perform cell fabrication techniques such as coin cells, pouch cells, and other configurations.
- Conduct full cell testing and characterization such as cyclic voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy, cycle life, rate capability, calendar life analysis, and others as needed.
- Conduct cell and battery abuse testing such as electrical, thermal, mechanical, and environmental abuse.
- Develop test strategies, hardware, and software needed to validate performance of battery systems in an R&D environment.
- Generate routine internal progress reports as well as formal technical reports for publication.
- Assist and contribute to development of innovative new products with ideas, concepts, collaboration and intellectual properties.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and possesses a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism
- Ability to successfully interact with multiple personalities
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry or a related field
- BS with 5-7 years of experience, MS with 3-5 years or PhD with 2-3 years of experience
- Hands on experience in the battery industry is preferred
- Good communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.