Quality Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Quality Assurance
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO and East Greenwich, RI. We are ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to own and execute Quality Systems duties to support various functions within the Quality Assurance organization such as creating documentation for the quality processes of an organization, collecting and analyzing data, creating metrics to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of quality assurance processes, and be the primary point of contact for the various systems and tools.
The Quality System Engineer will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the execution of identified processes to ensure they are being completed according to company procedures.
- Reviewing data to identify and resolve risks to the organization’s quality standards.
- Conducting internal audits to ensure compliance with regulations or standards such as AS-9100 guidelines.
- Monitoring data from external sources (e.g. – Customer scorecards) to identify potential problems with products or services
- Updating various trackers to monitor key activities (CAR/SCAR, FRB, Audit responses, etc.) and driving for timely progress.
- Participating in meetings with management to discuss quality issues and identify solutions
- Conducting focus groups or surveys to identify internal customer satisfaction with services offered by the QA organization.
- Designing and managing fixed asset systems; creating weekly/monthly reports monitoring KPI’s.
- Assisting with implementing the QMS system.
- Managing the NCR/MRB/CAPA systems and driving for improved performance in timeliness and completion.
- Becoming a subject matter expert (SME) in multiple IFS modules and quality tools. Providing training as needed to personnel throughout the Company.
- Authoring QMS documents, specifications, and process guides to meet and maintain quality standards.
- Developing quality meeting agendas, publishing meeting minutes, and updating SharePoint with quality meeting records.
- Operating as content and access administrator for internal systems and tools.
- Organizing, conducting, participating in, and documenting quality assurance meetings (e.g. – CAB meetings, Change Management meetings, Project meetings etc.).
- Analyzing data for accuracy and creating interactive charts and graphs for Leadership.
- Evaluating and tracking discrepancies, deviations, and out of specification products (OOS).
- Supporting site Quality Teams with Customer submissions (e.g. – backup for portal access and submissions).
- GIDEP (Government-Industry Data Exchange Program) System Administrator duties as applicable.
- Primary Point of Contact for various processes (APQP, QA Bids/Proposals, Compliance Matrix, FAIs)
To succeed in this position, you must:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- U.S. Persons required
- Comprehensive Microsoft Office skills and Strong computer skills
- Adaptive and effective communicator
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Bachelor Degree or above a plus
- Working knowledge of AS9145 or automotive industry PPAP submissions
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 and AS9100 standards
- Able to work flexible hours when required
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2524