- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Quality Assurance
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference in critical industries? EaglePicher is developing state of the art, hybrid, lithium ion battery systems with integrated power systems for the next generation of spacecraft, aircraft, ships and weapons systems. As a Quality Manager you will work to ensure EaglePicher delivers only the highest quality mission critical, high technology, state of the art batteries for medical, defense and aerospace applications.
Our technologies power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, ships, and save lives by powering implantable medical devices; WE ARE GROWING and hiring for our EAST GREENWICH, RHODE ISLAND LOCATION.
The Quality Manager (QM) is responsible for maintaining a corporate quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts the financial performance of EaglePicher Technologies. The QM champions continuous improvement efforts to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS); initiates and implements quality improvement activities to raise the performance integrity of the company’s product lines and will educate and train employees as to their individual impact within the QMS. This position will support Quality functions in all areas of Quality represented by EaglePicher for AS9100, ISO2001 and ISO13485 and will work with minimum supervision within company policies and procedures.
- Management of program quality requirements to ensure successful and timely completion of the organization’s plans, projects, and customer commitments
- Develop strong working relationships within the organization, suppliers and customers
- Establish and oversee effective quality systems throughout the entire product life cycle
- Functional knowledge of AS9100:D and ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements
- Audit compliance to quality system and customer program requirements while driving expeditious and effective resolution of any nonconformance’s
- Management of the collection, evaluation, and reporting of identified company KPI’s
- Drive timely resolution of issues, either internal or external, by utilizing effective and proven problem solving techniques
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Bachelors in Engineering, Industrial Management or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in quality assurance, with experience in quality management within a manufacturing company
- Preferred quality experience within a Defense or Aerospace manufacturing environment
- Have an excellent record of attendance and reliability
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills required
- Broad knowledge of statistical process control
- Ability to effectively delegate and utilize available resources for timely resolution of tasks
- Have experience with Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Professional certification considered a plus (ASQ, CQE, CQM)
- Must possess demonstrated ability to implement change and be results focused
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Be a strong team player, with the ability to effectively interact with other functional groups
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.