Project Engineer (SOZ)
(C Street Facility)
EaglePicher’s C Street Facility in Joplin, MO is in need of a Project Engineer to join their team! From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Project Engineer, you will support thermal programs by leading failure investigations, as well as design and process improvement teams, and will drive to implement effective and innovative solutions. You will be the technical authority for multiple battery programs in various stages of development, qualification, and production.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Interface directly with all departments within the company as well as customer and supplier groups;
· Prepare and conduct presentations to both internal peers and external customers;
· Generate and maintain technical data packages including drawings and procedures;
· Assist with data tracking and analysis as it relates to process improvements and SPC;
· Design tooling and fixturing to aid in testing and manufacturing;
· Conduct failure analyses and drive to effective root cause and corrective action.
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident;
· Have a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field;
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Have knowledge of basic statistic and data analysis;
· Be an innovative problem solver, and demonstrate excellent decision making and critical thinking abilities;
· Be able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects, and work with teams to accomplish the task at hand;
· Be dedicated to meeting or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and/or external customers;
· Have the ability to translate customer requirements into detailed process documents and ensure all requirements are met.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering;
· Self-motivation and a strong ability to manage time and prioritize tasks;
· A mechanical aptitude with a thorough understanding of DFM and Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.