Project Engineer R&D
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO and East Greenwich, RI. We are ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
As Project Engineer with EaglePicher Technologies you will join our Research and Development team as a key leader in hands on design, prototyping and commercialization of Lithium-Ion cells and battery power systems used for lasers, aircraft, satellites, and more. This role with interface directly with Program Managers and Engineering and Scientist teams in achieving program deliverables and provide support to the organization's strategic direction. This role is located at our East Greenwich, Rhode Island facility. EaglePicher is a leading manufacturer of various battery power systems used for lasers, aircraft, satellites, and medical devices. Our customers include NASA, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world. Our products make a difference, and our customers demand the best!
This position is focused on managing customer developmental programs, beginning with bidding, proposals, and requests for information, following through in overseeing technology development within R&D, and leading to scale up, manufacturing and delivery of final products to our customers. Your core responsibilities involve providing direct support to the Defense business unit Program Managers and R&D Director. This role will entail evaluating and managing organization processes, working closely with the R&D Technical (Engineering and Scientist) teams, tracking and reporting technical and schedule progress, and supporting both indirect and direct communications with our customers. This position requires 5-7 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment. Program Management skills are required for this role.
About the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is for you to assume the Project Engineer role to support the design, development and qualification of Lithium-ion batteries for Eagle Picher Defense. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the product development process and will be able to lead and conduct development and implementation of new technologies and products with a strong foundation in Engineering and skills in or related to Project/Program Management. This position requires enterprise-wide interactions at all levels of battery system design/development, interfacing with internal Procurement, Quality, and R&D teams and communicating status and progress to external customers. To apply you must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Support Program Manager in preparing customer progress reports and document deliverables
- Build relationships, work closely with, and support all appropriate functions within the company to help grow the Defense business.
- Work with external partners/suppliers to enable the adoption of the appropriate materials or technologies in order to bring the most value to EP and our customers without compromising robustness or quality.
- Stay abreast of the state of the art in battery technology and make recommendations that support EP’s strategic initiatives.
- Support the technology transition process into a production relevant environment utilizing the organization’s Product Development Process (PDP)
- Create/Update and implement work instruction process documentation (process procedures, test procedures, operating procedures) for cell and battery production steps
- Work with various teams throughout the organization to define and implement customer manufacturing requirements as outlined by the DoD Technical and Manufacturing Readiness Levels
- Manage labor, scope, and customer deliverables with engineering and manufacturing teams to meet program schedule and cost.
- Communicate weekly program progress, key performance indicators (KPI), and dashboard summaries
- Contribute to statement of work (SOW) and technical proposal development
- Assist in budgeting and financial forecasting
- Serve as a resource that integrates teams, identifies gaps in activities, and catalyzes implementation
- BS or MS degree in STEM or related field with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and a minimum of 5 years of experience in an R&D or Manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years of Program/Project Management experience
- Working experience in a new product manufacturing development environment
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skill
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Motivated, passionate, self-starter with a track record of delivering above and beyond expectations.
- A can-do attitude, passion to succeed and an ability and willingness to wear multiple hats as needed
- Solid problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Proven ability to handle more than one project simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Experience with project definition documentation – specification documents, requirements documents, schedules and budgets, risk matrices, and FMEA.
- Experience bringing new products to market: design, development, and test methodologies
- Experience working effectively with different internal organizations and customers around the world
- Ability to blend the technical and commercial to deliver a balanced approach to problem solving
- Strong experience in complex system integrations
- Experience dealing with revisions to requirements and schedule in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communications skills
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Defense or Aerospace industry experience and familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D certifications, DoD, MIL-STD related regulatory environments and stage gate development processes
- Experience with energy and power sources, preferably in lithium-ion rechargeable batteries
- PMP Certification
- Experience with Solidwords/AutoCAD/Battery Modeling Software
BENEFITS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2247