Program Manager - Defense
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Program Management
The Program Manager, will be a hands-on-leader, managing, coordinating and reporting on program status and ensuring timely proposal development, proposal costing, program cost control and monitoring. Our Program Manager will be the primary interface between the customer and internal teams regarding project status and identifying and resolving project problems and issues, providing timely reports on mitigating steps and actions taken to ensure timely deliverables, project success and quality.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Actively manage, serve as a hands-on leader, and drive program success across 3 development and manufacturing locations.
- Provide leadership and direction for the functional groups within a multifunctional matrix organization to complete project deliverables in accordance with the customer contract. Engineering and Operations coordination will be of heavy emphasis.
- Ensure and maintain customer satisfaction, and achieve timely, quality completion of projects and meet forecasted targets in accordance with customers' performance and schedule requirements.
- Responsible to document and track compliance to customer requirements along with developing technical solutions to address any and all identified gaps.
- Responsible to translate projects milestones into a detailed projects timing plans, communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders as needed to monitor and communicate status of project deliverables while managing expectations.
- Track and report on the financial status of the program.
- Lead the project team in practicing the principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility. Facilitates and ensures optimal execution against the plan and consistency with the EaglePicher Product
- Development and Commercialization processes.
- Perform other functions as required.
- US Citizenship or Green Card holder required due to contractual requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or business related field. A technical background in electronics or mechanical systems would be preferred.
- 10-15 years’ project leadership experience, with extensive customer interface.
- Experience in Department of Defense (DoD) or Aerospace environment preferred
- Hands on manager with proven ability to lead and drive programs
- Demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to positively motivate a team
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30%-50%.
- Must have a good understanding of cross-functional responsibilities and navigate to matrix reporting relationships
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.