Production Supervisor - SOZ/B11
Production Supervisor – SOZ/B11
(Week Day Shift, C Street Facility)
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Supervisor – Production will assist Operations leadership in an assigned production area in ensuring operations meets production schedules in accordance within quality, cost, delivery, technical and safety standards. Position is responsible for the day to day management of employees, organizing, prioritizing and monitoring work flow within the assigned production area. Directly supervises front line employees as well as team leads and/or group leaders.
Your core responsibilities will be the following:
• Establish “best practices” procedures for achieving company objectives within Manufacturing and for maintaining high standards and effective systems of control in the areas of manufacturing efficiency and productivity, resource and capacity utilization, forecasting and capacity planning, inventory control, process improvement, new product and process introduction, and manufactured product quality
• Communicate job expectations, plans, monitors, and appraises job results through effective motivational techniques, coaching, counseling and disciplining of employees. Must initiate, coordinate and enforce systems, policies and procedures including visual management systems and attendance tracking.
• Ensures employees in production area are provided specific direction and empowered to meet daily operational goals. May perform duties of Group Leader as necessary.
• Ensures employees in production area maintain compliance with training requirements and are properly on-boarded. Document processes, standard work instructions and ensure staff are cross-trained to provided adequate coverage.
• Gather, monitor and provide reports on critical business metrics; utilize management operating system, enterprise resource planning and other software and systems to measure success and coordinate efforts.
• Continuously improve effectiveness and efficiency within area through the implementation and promotion of Lean Manufacturing, DMAIC and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Responsible for creating a safe work environment, training individuals on proper safeguards including PPE, monitoring the work environment for safety risks and ergonomic issues; participates in and conducts safety audits including recommendation and implementation of corrective actions.
• Establish effective working relationships with all departments and external parties to provide customer-focused improvement activity.
• Communicate to the leadership team on performance objectives and issues affecting plant performance.
To succeed in this position, you must meet the following requirements:
• High school diploma and/or GED with minimum 5 years’ experience in operations/manufacturing management within a high volume manufacturing organization.
• Able to read and interpret technical documents and specifications.
• Effective at training others and presenting information through written and verbal communication.
• Proficient computer skills in a PC windows environment.
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
The most successful candidates will also meet the following qualifications:
• Knowledge of ITAR and ISO standards.
• Working knowledge of continuous improvement methodology such as DMAIC, Lean and Six Sigma.
• Experience with implementation of automated equipment from start-up to full-scale production.
• Familiarity with current versions of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experienced at using an MOS, ERP or the like.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.