Production Supervisor (Day Shift, Seneca)
Supervisor – Production, EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
The Supervisor – Production will assist Operations leadership in an assigned production area in ensuring operations meets production schedules in accordance within quality, cost, delivery, technical and safety standards. Position is responsible for the day to day management of employees, organizing, prioritizing and monitoring work flow within the assigned production area. Directly supervises front line employees and subordinate leaders.
· Ensures “best practices” procedures for achieving company objectives within Manufacturing and for maintaining high standards are followed. Monitors the effectiveness of systems of control in the areas of manufacturing efficiency and productivity, resource and capacity utilization, forecasting and capacity planning, inventory control, process improvement, new product and process introduction, and manufactured product quality and makes recommendations for improvement.
· Communicates job expectations, plans, monitors, and appraises job results through effective motivational techniques, coaching, counseling and disciplining of employees with direct leaders’ oversight. Coordinates and enforces systems, policies and procedures including visual management systems and attendance tracking.
· Ensures employees in production area are provided specific direction and empowered to meet daily operational goals. May perform duties of Group Leader as necessary.
· Ensures employees in production area maintain compliance with training requirements and are properly on-boarded. Documents processes, standard work instructions and ensures staff are cross-trained to provided adequate coverage. Delegates resources as appropriate to cover production needs.
· Gathers, monitors and provides reports on critical business metrics; utilize management operating system, enterprise resource planning and other software and systems to measure success and coordinate efforts.
· Maintains and promotes the implementation of Lean Manufacturing, DMAIC and Six Sigma methodologies and initiatives.
· Responsible for creating a safe work environment, training individuals on proper safeguards including PPE, monitoring the work environment for safety risks and ergonomic issues; participates in and conducts safety audits including recommendation and implementation of corrective actions.
· Establishes effective working relationships with all departments and external parties to provide customer-focused improvement activity.
· Communicates to the leadership team on performance objectives and issues affecting plant performance.
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma and/or GED with minimum 5 years’ experience in operations/manufacturing management within a high volume manufacturing organization.
· Able to read and interpret technical documents and specifications as well as technical battery knowledge with know-how of assembly processes for multiple designs or ability to learn.
· Effective at training others and presenting information through written and verbal communication.
· Proficient computer skills in a PC windows environment.
· U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident; able to obtain ATF clearance, if assigned to Energetic Devices
Preferred Education and/or Experience
· Knowledge of ITAR and ISO standards
· Working knowledge of continuous improvement methodology such as DMAIC, Lean and Six Sigma
· Experience with implementation of automated equipment from start-up to full-scale production
· Familiarity with current versions of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as experience using an MOS, ERP or the like