Product Engineer - Energetics
- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher Technologies is driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest range of battery systems in the world for the most demanding applications. We develop leading-edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, aircraft fly farther, rockets launch safely and satellites operate longer. With our cutting-edge research and manufacturing, we continue to set new standards in the industry. For 100 years, we have provided mission-critical power solutions to the defense, aviation and space markets. EaglePicher’s batteries power more than 85 percent of U.S. missile and munition programs and are a key component of the U.S. space program, powering the Mars Rovers and the next crewed mission to the moon. EaglePicher provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize our vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we will give you the opportunity to harness all that is within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher is headquartered in St. Louis, MO with manufacturing and research and development facilities in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and in Southbridge, MA.
For more information visit www.eaglepicher.com
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position in Product Engineering will be the subject matter expert for a family of energetics designs and serve as the primary technical contact with the customer. This person is responsible for understanding customer design requirements then developing drawings and manufacturing instructions that ensure compliance to the requirements. The successful candidate will show the initiative to quickly learn the technology and manufacturing methods. The Product Engineer must be schedule-driven and be able to operate efficiently on their own in a dynamic environment to quickly resolve issues. They will routinely perform data analysis to identify cause and effect to ensure manufacturing problems are resolved appropriately. They will also provide formal presentations of their analysis. The Product Engineer will demonstrate attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information.
- Generate and maintain of technical data packages including drawings, travelers, tooling, and test procedures
- Provide technical expertise to solve production issues
- Interface with both External and Internal Customers
- Work with suppliers to resolve raw material issues
- Prepare and conduct presentations to peers, management and customer
- Progress to serving as a design engineer for new designs or modifications of existing designs
- Coordinate and execute engineering trials on new equipment and new materials; measure process parameters, develop methods and conduct quantitative process analysis
- Provide monthly progress reports on assigned development projects to supervisor
- Practice procedures which comply with corporate quality and safety systems
- STEM degree is required; engineering degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience preferred, but will consider new graduates
- Design experience in the defense industry is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communications skills
- Project management and technical writing skills
- Basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing concepts
- Understanding of basic statistics for manufacturing capability analysis
- Understanding of Ohm’s Law and basic circuit analysis
- Measurement and instrumentation experience is desired
- U.S. Persons
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status as a veteran, pregnancy and related conditions, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.