- Job ID
- # of Openings
As a Process Improvement Engineer, you provide key support in actively improving and driving processes and productivity. This position will support existing manufacturing equipment and processes, documentation, and metrics for batteries, or energetic devices. You will also contribute to the improvement of existing processes, and collaborate with product design teams to achieve design for manufacturability.
- Actively improve and drive process, productivity, and quality improvements through measurement, detailed analysis, and sustainment with process controls;
- Coordinate and execute engineering trials on new equipment and new materials, measuring process parameters, developing methods and conducting quantitative process analysis;
- Develop fixtures and tools for use in both manual and automated production processes;
- Support design, development and sustainment of automated equipment capable of reducing process cycle times and improving yields;
- Correct production problems utilizing root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions;
- Be a major player in design for manufacturability on new projects in the stage gate process;
- Adapt Lean Six Sigma, SPC, and other methods to fit process need, driving stability, and overall systematic process improvements.
- U.S. Persons
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or related discipliine required
- Lean Six Sigma Training or Certification preferred, CAD Training preferred
- Moderate manufacturing experience in industrial engineering or scientific discipline utilizing science and engineering problem solving methods;
- Possess excellent computer skills in Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications;
- Have knowledge and application experience utilizing statistical analysis tools such as SPC;
- Have experience in data measurement, analysis, and report authoring using sound statistical analysis methods;
- Previous experience in Six Sigma Process Improvement methods preferred
- A background in automation with a working knowledge of Allen Bradley systems preferred;
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of welding skills preferred;
- Experience with GMP, ISO, and AS9100 quality system methods preferred.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.