Process Associate (Production)
(Manufacturing, Yardney Facility)
EaglePicher is in need of production staff to join the Operations Team! These Process Associate positions are the boots-on-the-ground, hands-on backbone of the EaglePicher family – from powder blending to assembly, these are the positions that make the company run.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Process Associate, you will work together with other production team members in an assigned production area, with goals to meet production schedules in accordance within quality, cost, delivery, technical and safety standards. This position encompasses multiple different actual hands-on jobs, but these roles are all similar, and are all essential to the everyday operations of EaglePicher.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Perform task-specific operations such as, but not limited to:
o Perform mechanical assembly, potting and soldering applications;
o Assemble products in accordance with technical drawings, specifications, documents and/or blueprints;
o Conduct product testing utilizing specialized task specific equipment such as electronic volt meters, helium leak test equipment and/or digital X-ray systems;
o Process electrodes (clean tabs, sort for defects, assemble cells, activation, etc.);
o Equipment set-up and programming such as laser beam weld;
o Execute process procedures for all aspects of cell manufacture and/or assembly;
o Operate specialized task specific equipment such as winders, wrappers, filling systems, X-ray, stackers, welders, winders, activation systems, mixing, coating, calendaring, slitting and blanking equipment, surface grinders, etc.;
o Perform product quality self-inspections;
o Collect and organize process and product data from cell builds;
o Maintain proper inventory levels through use of Plex work orders;
· Meet deadlines under pressure, while complying with company safety practices and adhering to company policies and procedures;
· Work and contribute in a team environment, while producing product in an efficient manner and with a quality-first mentality;
· Possess excellent attention to detail, be flexible and adaptable to change, and be results-focused to meet efficiency and productivity goals;
· Have a proven record of excellent attendance and reliability, and a history of good housekeeping practices, as well as documentation and record maintenance;
· Possess organizational and time managements skills with ability to multi-task, and the ability to uphold “best practice” procedures for achieving company objectives;
· Be a self-starter with high energy, and a record of exercising sound judgment and handling multiple priorities.
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident;
· Have a High school diploma and/or GED;
· Be able to work overtime or alternate schedules as required;
· Be able to travel between local facilities on occasion;
· Be able to obtain ATF clearance (Energetic Devices facility);
· Possess basic computer and math skills;
· Be able to use hand and power tools, as well as fixtures and molds;
· Be able to complete repetitive work with small parts either under a magnifying glass or microscope;
· Be capable of handling delicate materials;
· Be able to use general office equipment (fax machine, copier, calculator, phones, etc.);
· Read, write and speak English;
· Be able to follow verbal and written instructions;
· Be able to lift at least 50 lbs;
· Good dexterity of hands and hand-eye coordination;
· Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time;
· Ability to spend up to 12 hours per day in extremely dry environments while wearing clean-room gear (coveralls, hairnet, mask, glove, shoe covers, etc.) which may prevent the wearing of some cosmetics;
· Ability to work with extremely delicate and/or hazardous materials while following proper safety protocols.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
· Task specific certifications such as electronics soldering, spot welding, crimping, laser beam welding, electro-static discharge, DOT (packaging/shipping), X-ray (level I or II), brazing, etc. preferred;
· A working knowledge and experience with implementation of manual and automated assembly equipment;
· Battery and/or product assembly experience;
· Experience operating HMI and PLC controlled equipment;
· Knowledge of automated assembly manufacturing best practices;
· Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean charts and trend analysis;
· Experience as an automated systems operator and/or related position in manufacturing environment;
· Experience in set-up and operation of automated pressing equipment dies;
· Knowledge of chemical processing, intermediate electrical;
· Experience in cell assembly such as lithium ion, CFX, thermal, alkaline, silver zinc, lithium oxyhalide or other similar chemistry;
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11129