Process Associate 3
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference in critical industries? EaglePicher is developing state of the art, hybrid, lithium ion battery systems with integrated power systems for the next generation of spacecraft, aircraft, ships and weapons systems. As a Process Associate you will work with other production team members in an assigned production area, building mission critical, high technology, state of the art batteries for medical, defense and aerospace applications.
Our technologies power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, ships, and save lives by powering implantable medical devices; WE ARE GROWING and hiring for our EAST GREENWICH, RHODE ISLAND LOCATION.
The Process Associate III will work with other production team members in an assigned production area, with goals to meet production schedules in accordance within quality, cost, delivery, technical and safety standards. This position encompasses multiple different actual hands-on jobs, but these roles are all similar, and are all essential to the everyday operations of EaglePicher.
Core responsibilities / technical requirements:
- Possess basic computer and math skills
- Ability to use hand and power tools as well as fixtures and molds
- Ability for repetitive work with small parts either under a magnifying glass or microscope
- Capable of handling delicate materials
- Familiarity with blueprints and technical drawings
- Ability to perform task-specific operations such as, but not limited to: mechanical assembly, potting and soldering applications, assembly of products in accordance with technical drawings, specifications, documents and/or blueprints, product testing utilizing specialized task specific equipment such as electronic volt meters, helium leak test equipment and/or digital X-ray systems, equipment set-up and programming such as laser beam weld
- Execution of process procedures for all aspects of cell manufacture and/or assembly
- Operation of specialized task specific equipment such as winders, wrappers, filling systems, X-ray, stackers, welders, winders, activation systems, mixing, coating, calendaring, slitting and blanking equipment, surface grinders, etc.,
- Performance of product quality self-inspections,
- Maintenance of computer generated documentation and record-keeping
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills
- Flexibility and ability to work well in both team and individual environments
- Ability to work safely with chemical compounds
- Working knowledge and experience with manual and automated assembly equipment
- Battery and/or product assembly experience
- Experience operating HMI and PLC controlled equipment
- Knowledge of automated assembly manufacturing best practices
- Experience as an automated systems operator and/or related position in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of chemical processing
- Familiarity with electronics / electrical system
- Previous battery experience
- Military experience preferred
The following are required:
- US Citizen or Permanent Residency required
- High School Diploma / GED
- Ability to work overtime or alternate work schedules as required
- Ability to meet deadlines & perform well under pressure
- Work and contribute in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Practice good housekeeping
- Produce work product in an efficient manner with a quality first mentality
- Be results focused to meet efficiency and productivity goals
Education / Certification:
- High School graduate or GED required
- Task specific certifications such as electronics soldering, spot welding, crimping, laser beam welding, electro-static discharge, DOT (packaging/shipping), X-ray (level I or II), brazing, etc preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs safely
- Good dexterity of hands.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to spend up to 12 hours per day in extremely dry environments while wearing clean-room gear (coveralls, hairnet, mask, glove, shoe covers, etc.) which may prevent the wearing of some cosmetics.
- Ability to work with extremely delicate and/or hazardous materials while following proper safety protocols
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE:
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include, working in a clean comfortable manufacturing atmosphere with:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous sick & vacation policy
- Outstanding 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Dependent scholarship programs
- MUCH, MUCH, MORE!!!!!!!
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.