Process Associate 3 / Packaging Specialist
- Job ID
- # of Openings
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO and East Greenwich, RI. We are ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will package completed production parts in accordance with drawings and packaging work instructions. When there is no packaging demand this position will be used as a utility team member in our production area. This team member will work with other production team members in an assigned production area, with goals to meet production schedules in accordance within quality, cost, delivery, technical and safety standards. This position encompasses multiple different actual hands-on jobs, but these roles are all similar, and are all essential to the everyday operations of EaglePicher.
- Perform task-specific operations such as, but not limited to:
- Package completed production parts in accordance with drawings and work instructions.
- Request packaging from Store Room
- Ensure parts are properly shunted and secured per work instructions
- Perform mechanical assembly, potting and soldering applications and spot-welding;
- Assemble products in accordance with technical drawings, specifications, documents and/or blueprints;
- Conduct product testing utilizing specialized task specific equipment such as electronic volt meters, helium leak test equipment and/or digital X-ray systems;
- Process electrodes (clean tabs, sort for defects, assemble cells, activation, etc.);
- Equipment set-up and programming such as laser beam weld;
- Execute process procedures for all aspects of cell manufacture and/or assembly;
- Operate specialized task specific equipment such as winders, wrappers, filling systems, X-ray, stackers, welders,
activation systems, mixing, coating, calendaring, slitting and blanking equipment, surface grinders, servo presses, hydraulic presses, etc.;
- Perform product quality self-inspections;
- Collect and organize process and product data from cell builds;
- Maintain proper inventory levels through use of IFS shop floor orders;
- Meet deadlines under pressure, while complying with company safety practices and adhering to company policies and procedures;
- Work and contribute in a team environment, while producing product in an efficient manner and with a quality-first mentality;
- Possess excellent attention to detail, be flexible and adaptable to change, and be results-focused to meet efficiency and productivity goals;
- Have a proven record of excellent attendance and reliability, and a history of good housekeeping practices, as well as
documentation and record maintenance;
- Possess organizational and time managements skills with ability to multi-task, and the ability to uphold “best practice” procedures for achieving company objectives;
- Be a self-starter with high energy, and a record of exercising sound judgment and handling multiple priorities.
- EDUCATIONAL/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
US Citizen or permanent resident.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Must be able to obtain ATF clearance (Energetic Devices Facility)
Task specific certifications such as electronics soldering, spot welding, crimping, laser beam welding, electro-static discharge, DOT (packaging/shipping), X-ray (level I or II), brazing, etc. preferred;
Working knowledge and experience with implementation of manual and automated assembly equipment preferred;
Experience as an automated systems operator and/or related position in manufacturing environment preferred;
Experience in set-up and operation of automated pressing equipment dies preferred;
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2514