Process Associate 2
- Job ID
- # of Openings
This position will work with other production team members in an assigned production area, with goals to meet production schedules in accordance within quality, cost, delivery, technical and safety standards. This position encompasses multiple different actual hands-on jobs, but these roles are all similar, and are all essential to the everyday operations of EaglePicher.
- Possess basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to use hand and power tools as well as fixtures and molds.
- Ability for repetitive work with small parts either under a magnifying glass or microscope.
- Capable of handling delicate materials.
- Ability to use general office equipment (fax machine, copier, calculator, phones, etc.).
- Read, write and speak English.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform task-specific operations such as, but not limited to: Perform mechanical assembly, potting and soldering applications, Assemble products in accordance with technical drawings, specifications, documents and/or blueprints, Conduct product testing utilizing specialized task specific equipment such as electronic volt meters, helium leak test equipment and/or digital X-ray systems, Process electrodes (clean tabs, sort for defects, assemble cells, activation, etc.), Equipment set-up and programming such as laser beam weld, Execute process procedures for all aspects of cell manufacture and/or assembly, Operate specialized task specific equipment such as winders, wrappers, filling systems, X-ray, stackers, welders, winders, activation systems, mixing, coating, calendaring, slitting and blanking equipment, surface grinders, etc., Perform product quality self-inspections, Collect and organize process and product data from cell builds, Maintain proper inventory levels through use of Plex work orders.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills.
- Strong project leadership skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with implementation of manual and automated assembly equipment.
- Battery and/or product assembly experience.
- Experience operating HMI and PLC controlled equipment.
- Knowledge of automated assembly manufacturing best practices.
- Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean charts and trend analysis.
- Experience as an automated systems operator and/or related position in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in set-up and operation of automated pressing equipment dies.
- Knowledge of chemical processing, intermediate electrical.
- Experience in cell assembly such as lithium ion, CFX, thermal, alkaline, silver zinc, lithium oxyhalide or other similar chemistry
- Meet deadlines under pressure.
- Work and contribute in a team environment.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Comply with company safety practices.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Produce work product in an efficient manner with a quality first mentality.
- Be results focused to meet efficiency and productivity goals.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and records.
- Work with commonly accepted industry standards.
- Ability to train others.
- Organizational and time managements skills with ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter with high energy, exercise sound judgment and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable the ability to work with and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creativity to recommend solutions for cell and battery assembly problems.
- Drive change to deliver performance.
- Foster safe working practices.
- Take ownership of equipment used in production environment.
- Uphold “best practice” procedures for achieving company objectives.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb heights of up to 15’.
- Good dexterity of hands.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to spend up to 12 hours per day in extremely dry environments while wearing clean-room gear (coveralls, hairnet, mask, glove, shoe covers, etc.) which may prevent the wearing of some cosmetics.
- Ability to work with extremely delicate and/or hazardous materials while following proper safety protocols.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ability to work overtime or alternate schedules as required
- Ability to travel between local facilities occasionally
- High School graduate or GED
- Task specific certifications such as electronics soldering, spot welding, crimping, laser beam welding, electro-static discharge, DOT (packaging/shipping), X-ray (level I or II), brazing, etc preferred
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE:
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 2624