Principal Embedded Software Engineer (Manager)
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
As a Principle Embedded Software Engineering Manager with EaglePicher, you will join help lead our Research and Development team as a key contributor in hands on design and prototyping of lithium ion battery systems used for a wide range of military, aerospace and commercial applications. You will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our customers who include NASA, General Electric, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world.
Do you gravitate to a lead a team to support systems architecture and technical/project engineering role where you learn and understand the whole picture, then design systems from the ground up? You will work directly with customers, vendors, and other engineers as you create clean, elegant, reusable code in an environment built on continuous learning and mentoring.
You and your team will be responsible for the compliance to certification requirements and defining and verifying compliance matrices of the battery management system firmware which monitors and protects the battery systems, and the application interfaces to vehicles, ships, aircraft, etc. leveraging busses like CAN, I2C, and SPI. You will participate in trade study analysis activities supporting design decision, behavior analysis and implementation changes for air data systems on various aircraft programs. You will support proprietary programs analyzing software and system requirements and developing V&V test cased and procedures with industry recognized tools. Your teams goal will be to maximize performance while ensuring the safety of surrounding systems and personnel IAW both military and commercial standards.
Daily tasks may include, but not limited to reviewing customers’ requirements and translating this into functioning architecture that is scaleable and modular. Configuration control of new coding and refactoring, hardware/prototype bring up, verification testing, and development of automated test equipment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent
- US Citizen with ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Strong intuitive sense of fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, etc.
- Expertise in embedded C and robust state machines for real time applications.
- Proficiency at writing low level hardware drivers for UART, ADC, SPI, I2C, DMA, etc.
- Experience with Microchip PIC, Atmel AVR, STM32 ARM Cortex, or similar MCU's.
- Ability to create complex system state diagrams and document test results in DOORs.
- Expertise in on board bring up, troubleshooting, and diagnostic tool usage.
- 1o+ years’ industry experience including experience leading a team
- Interdisciplinary background particularly in mechanical and/or electrical engineering.
- Working knowledge of Software System Safety Guidance IAW MIL-STD-882
- Strong background in UML modeling
- Experience with high and low level system requirements, code, test and traceability information between the artifacts.
- Familiarity with event driven frameworks, lightweight RTOS.
- Comfortable with other high level languages (Python, C#, Java, etc.).
- Ability to create serial/USB debug interfaces using lightweight in-module test harnesses.
- Comfortable with C++ classes and simple porting of assembly code to C.
- Knowledge of workflows in distributed VCS (Git, Mercurial, etc.).
- Ability to design bootloaders, SPI flash, SD, and lightweight file system storage.
- Knowledge of Ti DSP and or Code Composer Studio IDE
- Experience with full software lifecycle experience with a focus on requirements based software testing.
- Comfortable managing requirements in a DO-178 environment or equivalent software development process.
ABOUT EAGLEPICHEREaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
• Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
• 10 paid holidays and PTO;
• Matching 401K;
• Tuition reimbursement;
• Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.