- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Quality Assurance
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the Calibration department and responsibilities as well as collaborate metrology needs with the Metrology Engineers.
In addition to performing the functions of the Calibration Technician, the Metrology Supervisor will:
- Drive performance to Calibration KPI’s, and communicate results with Quality Management including RC/CA for performance gaps
- Coordinate, acquisition, instillation, qualification, preventive maintenance, and disposal of calibrated equipment
- Support customer/vendor communications and deliverables as assigned
- Maintain the ERP database for calibrated equipment by: adding new devices, removing existing devices, reviewing and adjusting calibration frequencies, reviewing Calibration Extensions
- Develop/maintain proper documentation of services, records, procedures, etc.
- Perform regular and random audits of: Calibration Technicians’ compliance to work instructions, device calibration status & performance, and Calibration records maintained in applicable ERP database(s)
- Lead communication and resolution efforts for “Lost” Calibration devices
- Maintain inventory levels to support business needs
- Facilitate and drive resolution for CLR’s (Calibration Lab Reports) and Calibration-owned Non-Conformity Reports working with other supervisors of Quality, Engineering and Operations
- Leads Calibration technicians and provides resources, direction and training to read, understand, and follow detailed instructions that involve multiple steps, some with intricate equipment
- Coordinate and support the outsourced calibration of Externally-owned equipment and Internally-owned equipment which is not calibrated by EaglePicher personnel
- Identify opportunities and plans for the improvement of the Calibration department
- Assist with customer audits as appropriate
- Accurately review production schedules to develop the timing and organization of calibration assignments
- Understand and maintain the workflow in the assigned areas to ensure effective use of resources
- Ensure all members of the Calibrations function have complete and up-to-date training records satisfying all applicable requirements
- Maintain and approve time records for all direct reports
- Other duties as assigned.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess mechanical and/or electrical aptitude
- Understand the scientific principles behind metrology
- Working knowledge of ISO 17025, ISO 10012, and ANSI Z540.1 & Z540.3
- Working knowledge of ISO9001, AS9100, and ISO13485 standards for quality control
- Comprehensive Microsoft Office skills and strong computer skill
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering-related discipline
- Able to work flexible hours when required
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.