Metrology Engineer / Metrologist
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Quality Assurance
The primary purpose of this position is to apply measurement science, mathematics, physics, and engineering to design and
develop systems, equipment, and methods for calibrating electrical, dimensional, optical, physical, mechanical, environmental, and/or chemical inspection, measurement, and test equipment (IM&TE) based on analysis of measurement problems, and accuracy and precision requirements. Analyze and solve calibration problems using advanced mathematical and engineering knowledge. Use statistics to analyze measurement standards and processes. Recommend calibration standards and IM&TE. Support the calibration laboratory and personnel.
- The Metrology Engineer will:
- Develop inspection methods and techniques, programs for measurement, and define equipment application/usage
- Provide input to product and manufacturing process/design based on measurement capability, equipment, and approaches
- Establish tolerances for equipment based on statistical performance
- Recommend calibration standards, equipment, frequencies, etc.
- Use statistics to analyze measurement standards and processes
- Evaluate new inspection, measurement, and calibration methods and procedures
- Update existing inspection, measurement, and calibration methods and procedures
- Communicate measurement results and requirements with internal and external customers
- Coordinate, acquisition, instillation, qualification, preventive maintenance, and disposal of calibrated equipment
- Maintain the ERP database for calibrated equipment by: adding new devices, removing existing devices, reviewing and adjusting calibration frequencies, reviewing Calibration Extensions
- Develop/maintain proper documentation of services, records, procedures, etc.
- Perform regular and random audits of: Calibration Technicians’ compliance to work instructions, device calibration status & performance, and Calibration records maintained in applicable ERP database(s)
- Facilitate and drive resolution for CLR’s (Calibration Lab Reports) and Calibration-owned Non-Conformity Reports working with other supervisors of Quality, Engineering and Operations
- Evaluate suppliers to support the outsourced calibration of Externally-owned equipment and Internally-owned equipment which is not calibrated by EaglePicher personnel
- Identify opportunities and plans for the improvement of the Calibration department
- Assist with customer audits as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Bachelor's Degree - STEM Related Required
- Possess mechanical and/or electrical aptitude
- Understand the scientific principles behind metrology
- Working knowledge of ISO 17025, ISO 10012, and ANSI Z540.1 & Z540.3
- Working knowledge of ISO9001, AS9100, and ISO13485 standards for quality control
- Knowledge and experience with MSAs
- Working knowledge with GD&T
- Comprehensive Microsoft Office skills and strong computer skills
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Professional career or experience of at least 3 years in the area of Metrology, including aspects of calibration
- Able to work flexible hours when required
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.