Mechnical Engineer Position Profile
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Reports To: David Darch, Senior Mechanical Engineer
Position Location: Joplin, MO
Overview of the Position: The Mechanical Engineer will collaborate with the engineering team to design, develop, and qualify cells and battery packs according to customer specifications and documentation requirements in line with project timing and budgets. The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with R&D and Manufacturing Engineering teams to execute and deliver existing and new products.
· Support all development phases including design, design refinement, validation, and pilot production.
· Responsible to plan, develop, and execute Design of Experiment (DOE) for fabrication and testing of batteries.
· Work closely with the R&D teams to determine battery design and mechanical characteristics
· Develop processes/tooling for pilot scale manufacturing.
· Coordinate and execute product development trials. Summarize and present respective results, with conclusions, and recommendations.
· Develop assembly and process specifications, along with other engineering documents.
· Generate BOM and prepare cost estimates.
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing / Engineering technology, or related discipline.
· 3-5 years’ experience in R&D, or Product Development.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
· Able to contribute to collaborative team environment.
· Self-motivated and hands-on. Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
· 3D CAD modeling knowledge. Autodesk Inventor experience is a plus.
· Experience in FEA (ANSYS) and other numerical modeling methods will be helpful.
· Skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Word Outlook).
· Knowledge of Minitab, SPC, and DOE methodology is desired.