Mechanical Analysis Engineer - Contractor
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
The Mechanical Analysis Engineer will be responsible for performing analysis and documentation of cell and battery packs according to customer specifications and documentation requirements in line with project timing and budgets. The Mechanical Analysis Engineer will work closely with R&D and Manufacturing Engineering teams to execute and deliver existing and new products.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Execute structural and thermal finite element analysis (FEA) of cell and battery systems to validate designs and provide feedback to the design team.
- Create documentation of analysis results to support customer deliverables and design reviews.
- Summarize and present respective results, with conclusions, and recommendations. Interact with customers on as needed.
- Support all development phases including design refinement, validation, and pilot production.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing / Engineering technology, or related discipline.
- 5-10 years’ experience in R&D, or Product Development. An understanding of battery product design and processing is desired.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Able to contribute to collaborative team environment.
- Self-motivated and hands-on. Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
- 3D CAD modeling knowledge. SOLIDWORKS experience is a plus.
- Experience in FEA (ANSYS) and other numerical modeling methods required.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Word Outlook).
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2429