Manufacturing Engineering Technologist
- Job ID
- # of Openings
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and our Electronic Packaging division in Southbridge, MA. We are ISO9001:2015, and AS9100D certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Manufacturing Engineer Technician at EaglePicher you will be responsible for supporting site operations requests assigned by the Site Lead Manufacturing Engineer. This position will support the production of battery manufacturing, as well as improve and support current manufacturing, documentation, and process metrics.
- Assist to improve and drive process, productivity and quality improvements through measurement, detailed analysis, and sustaining improvement with process control methods
- Assist in the design and development of automated equipment for ramp-up in production
- Assist to correct production problems utilizing root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions
- Assist in implementing Lean Six Sigma, SPC and other methods to fit process need driving stability and overall systematic process improvements
- Support/improve production processes to achieve site KPI
- Maintain inventory of logged equipment and tooling
- Achieve equipment uptime of 95%
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (as needed)
- Reworking the current state of documentation to clarify and consolidate
- Following up with action items assigned to Manufacturing Engineering
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Preferred Associate’s degree in Engineering, Science, or technical degree
- Preferred experience with AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- Minimum of three years of manufacturing experience in industrial engineering or scientific discipline utilizing science and engineering problem-solving methods along with Lean Six-Sigma
- Excellent computer skills in Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and application experience utilizing statistical analysis software tools such Minitab
- Experience in data measurement, analysis, and report authoring using sound statistical analysis methods
- Good communication skills in a cross-functional team environment
- Able to multi-task managing multiple different priority tasks
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of welding skills preferred (i.e.: LBW, GTAW, RSW ,USW)
- Experience with GMP, ISO and AS-9100 quality system methods is a plus
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.