Manufacturing Development Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher Technologies is driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest range of battery systems in the world for the most demanding applications. We develop leading-edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, aircraft fly farther, rockets launch safely and satellites operate longer. With our cutting-edge research and manufacturing, we continue to set new standards in the industry. For 100 years, we have provided mission-critical power solutions to the defense, aviation and space markets. EaglePicher’s batteries power more than 85 percent of U.S. missile and munition programs and are a key component of the U.S. space program, powering the Mars Rovers and the next crewed mission to the moon. EaglePicher provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize our vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we will give you the opportunity to harness all that is within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher is headquartered in St. Louis, MO with manufacturing and research and development facilities in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and in Southbridge, MA.
For more information visit www.eaglepicher.com
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Manufacturing Development Engineer, you will drive NPI (new product introduction) tasks related to the design and launch of new manufacturing processes, parts and equipment. In this position, you will also contribute to the improvement of existing processes, and collaborate with R&D product development teams to achieve design for manufacturability and commercialization of new products. This position is based in East Greenwich, Rhode Island.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Drive development of new/innovative manufacturing processes from proof of concept through to production;
- Contribute to design for manufacturability on new projects in the stage gate process (PDP);
- Plan and execute DoEs to characterize boundary conditions and optimize processes for manufacturability and quality;
- Quantification of new and existing process capabilities (e.g. SPC analyses and process limits)
- Coordinate prototype manufacturing activities in support of new product development;
- Create and maintain engineering deliverables related to new products such as PFD, PFMEA, QCP, manufacturing BOMs, etc.;
- Build process documentation to accurately define the process to cross-functional teams (equipment, quality, production, etc.);
- Participate in design reviews and DFA/DFM, including tolerance analyses, reviews to influence design regarding manufacturability;
- Serve as liaison between contract manufacturer (CM), engineering, and procurement when developing component packaging requirements;
- Develop and track manufacturing KPIs in support of company goals/initiatives;
- Support company initiatives including, but not limited to, cost reduction and quality targets;
- Manage the day to day activities of one or more technicians.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM and 7+ years experience in a manufacturing or process engineering role, or 5+ years experience with an Advanced degree.
- Broad experience within product development and manufacturing within an OEM and/or supplier community.
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably with low volume, high mix manufacturing
- Possess excellent computer skills in Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications;
- Have strong analytical and statistical analysis skills and application experience utilizing statistical analysis tools such as DOE, and statistical analysis methods
- Experience and/or knowledge of welding processes is preferred (i.e.: LBW,GTAW,RSW,USW);
- Knowledge of ISO, and AS9100 quality system methods preferred.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.