Manager, System Support
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
The System Support Manager’s primary objective is to rapidly resolve technology issues. The position requires a hands-on technical leader who is responsible for delivering a world class support experience for the employees of EaglePicher. This position will manage 7 direct reports and help solve complex technical issues while thinking about the big picture. Additionally, this manager has strong leadership and communications skills which lead to their team exceeding expectations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for system support, administration and appropriate use.
- Establish best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Practice technology asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Foster positive end-user relationships and drive customer satisfaction.
- Promote continuous improvement of Tier 1 support, desktop administration, and infrastructure applications for all stakeholders.
- Define team goals and lead staff to achieving desired results, be accountable for team performance.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the enterprise.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards to improve the maturity of technology stack.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades within the category of infrastructure applications.
- Deliver frontline technical support for all employees, contractors, and partners.
- Approve and administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights within infrastructure related applications including but not limited to Active Directory.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of support analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 7-10 years equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading a team of technology professionals.
- Exceptional technical knowledge PC operating systems and infrastructure applications.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting desktop hardware and associated peripherals.
- Extensive support experience with collaboration and communication tools, remote software deployment applications, standard desktop software in an office environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
- Experience with procurement and contract management.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.