Manager of Research and Development (Electrode Process)
Manager of Research & Development
(Yardney Facility - East Greenwich, RI)
Eagle Picher is looking for an accomplished, hands-on R&D team leader or Manager with significant lithium battery experience to join our Product Development team at our Yardney Facility in East Greenwich, RI! This is an opportunity to become a key contributor in the design, development and manufacturing scale-up of our state-of-the-art primary and secondary lithium batteries to meet the challenging requirements of our medical, defense, and aerospace customers.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to lead and guide the electrode design, development, qualification and scale-up for new battery development programs for Eagle Picher Medical Power. You will be a key contributor in the product development team, working closely with our research and manufacturing engineering staff at multiple locations to drive and execute new projects to completion. If you are innovative, self-motivated, engaged, enjoy challenging projects and like working collaboratively with others to deliver superior products, this is the opportunity for you.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
• Lead, manage and drive to completion, all electrode design and development activities (primary and rechargeable) for new and existing products.
• Meet performance, timeline and cost targets
• Work closely with R&D scientists and engineers to evaluate and qualify the electrodes and cells to meet or exceed customer requirements
• Be accountable for ensuring design for manufacturability and scale-up, while working closely with manufacturing engineers as well as external partners/suppliers
• Lead, guide and mentor junior staff (local and at our Joplin site) in order to improve EP's electrode processes and capabilities to become world class
• Be up-to-date with the state of the art for battery electrodes and processes and help raise the bar internally to be the best at what we do at a competitive price for our customers
To succeed in this position, you must:
• Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident;
• Have a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Materials Science with at least 10 years of experience developing lithium batteries, or a Master's degree in the above fields with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience developing batteries
• Significant experience in a R&D, Product Development or Process Development environment developing and manufacturing batteries
• Expertise and at least 5 years of experience in electrode process development, including design, powder handling and evaluation.
• Good understanding of the interaction between chemistry, materials and processes and their impact on product performance and safety
• Demonstrated leadership and data-based decision making skills
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships across an organization and work collaboratively for the success of the business
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also:
• Be a self-starter with a track record of delivering above and beyond expectations who can recognize when and where to get help as needed.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have training, experience and capability in statistical process control, analysis
• Have Medical device industry experience and familiarity with ISO 13485 and process validations
• Have a can-do attitude, passion to succeed and an ability and willingness to wear multiple hats as needed
• Have the willingness and ability to travel at least 20% of the time as needed
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11374