Machine Center Supervisor
- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher Technologies is driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest range of battery systems in the world for the most demanding applications. We develop leading-edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, aircraft fly farther, rockets launch safely and satellites operate longer. With our cutting-edge research and manufacturing, we continue to set new standards in the industry. For 100 years, we have provided mission-critical power solutions to the defense, aviation and space markets. EaglePicher’s batteries power more than 85 percent of U.S. missile and munition programs and are a key component of the U.S. space program, powering the Mars Rovers and the next crewed mission to the moon. EaglePicher provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize our vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we will give you the opportunity to harness all that is within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher is headquartered in St. Louis, MO with manufacturing and research and development facilities in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and in Southbridge, MA.
For more information visit www.eaglepicher.com
ABOUT THE POSITION
Lead a team of tool makers, machinists and operators engaged in pressing, turning, milling, hole drilling, grinding and tumbling operations. Develop and implement long term production strategies together with management to expand capacity for current and future growth utilizing continuous improvement methodologies. Experience with Mazak, Fanuc, Speedfam Thru Feed grinding, CNC machining, Swiss machining, Mastercam, CMM required.
- Own entire machining and prototype equipment life cycles.
- Manage, supervise and mentor machinists to success in the areas of attendance, development, training, safety and department cross training. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Define and implement process work instructions and job safety analysis studies working in conjunction with EHS and safety personnel.Work in 3D model space to design, detail and consult in development and production parts and tools.
- Serve as technical contact in the machine shop to lead the problem solving process, provide assistance to external customers and develop/optimize new processes and equipment.
- Ensure cost effectiveness of processes and new developments, validate efficient use of labor and material resources, increase productivity.
- Drive machine up time to world class levels via implementation of TPM and smart consumables management.
- Support the timely execution of the quote/order work flow process to assure order capture.
- Team with internal engineer customers in troubleshooting and solving tooling related issues.
- Support failure investigations to determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Review new product designs for manufacturability and provide input to design team.
- Mazak, Fanuc, Speedfam Thru Feed grinding, CNC machining, Swiss machining, Mastercam, CMM
- Strong technical machining background in turning, milling, grinding, pressing, hole drilling.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal) within the machining group as well as with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and work in an organized and methodical manner.
- LEAN manufacturing experience.
- Associates degree preferred, high school diploma or GED required.
- Tooling and prototyping shop experience.
- At least 3 years in supervisory capacity, training and developing toolmakers.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with understanding of dimensioning and tolerance analysis.
- Self-directed team leader with passion for mentoring and developing people.
- Detail oriented with an analytical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Experienced and knowledgeable with automated assembly equipment.
- Experienced designing, documenting, and making molds, fixtures, and specialty tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft office software.
- U.S. Persons
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Battery industry or glass to metal seal experience.
- Project management experience.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 11 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 2634