Lean/Six Sigma Leader
Lean Six Sigma Leader
(Continuous Improvement, Joplin Area)
EaglePicher’s Joplin Area Facilities in Joplin, MO is in need of a Six Sigma Leader to assist in maintaining the company’s world-class quality standards!
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this position, you will reduce TRR for safety through implementation of Six Sigma and other visual factory initiatives, reduce cost of poor quality through implementation of projects and activities focusing on waste reduction, and reduce scrap defects in all processes through root cause analysis and implementation of preventative actions. In this position you will also improve on time deli very by identifying root causes for late deliveries and implementation of corrective actions to permanently eliminate reoccurrence and achieve annual continuous improvement cost reduction initiatives.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
• Work across multiple sites within EaglePicher to achieve strategic goals.
• Share our vision of becoming the recognized leader in innovating and manufacturing power solutions.
• Use Continuous Improvement techniques to achieve world class quality and customer service.
• Strive for Operational Excellence to drive competitive advantage.
To succeed in this position, you must:
• Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
• Have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
• Possess strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Minitab.
• Possess strong project management skills.
• Have excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
• Have an extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques including Six Sigma, Standardized Work, Total Productive Maintenance, Process Problem Solving, Error Proofing, Inventory Management, Quick Changeover, Value Stream Mapping, and Continuous Improvement.
• Be proficient in SPC, DOE, FMEA, MSA, capability analysis and risk assessment.
• Have experience in Quality Management Systems.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
• Lean SME Certification.
• Knowledge of finance and accounting practices.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
• Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.