Lead Automation Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and our Electronic Packaging division in Southbridge, MA. We are ISO9001:2015, and AS9100D certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This Position as Lead Automation Engineer is a key position in managing our Standardized Process Modules for Robotics and Operator Controlled Processes for our entire product lines throughout EaglePicher Energetics, Thermal batteries, Silver Zinc Technology and Lithium Ion Products. The Lead Automation Engineer will help manage and direct an associated team of engineers with expertise in various fields of build, integration and validation of Automated Production Systems defined by the Technology Team in Manufacturing Engineering.
Ongoing Job Responsibilities:
- Plan, lead, and coordinate automation projects to improve manufacturing process safety, productivity, and quality
- Work with site leaders and stakeholders to identify automation opportunities, develop ROI, and execute projects
- Write detailed automation and equipment specifications to drive the vendor RFP, selection, and validation process
- Manage projects from concept and selection through implementation and validation
- Work with procurement to establish a go-to automation vendor list and select best vendors for specific projects
- Visit vendors and attend tradeshows to stay current on automation technology
- Ensure automation technology and best practices are leveraged across multiple sites
- Support product and manufacturing engineering teams in improving product designs and processes for automation
- Work with IT and Controls Engineering teams to integrate machines and process data into the MES
- Lead a growing team of engineers to accomplish multiple projects of various sizes and priority levels
- Excellent communication skills; internal and external at all levels
- Assertive and schedule-driven
- Project management in team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering or related field required
- U.S. Persons required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in process automation or related role, including project management
- Experience leading high value capital projects to drive process improvement and meet operational goals
- Experience specifying, selecting, implementing, and validating equipment
- Experience working with and managing external automation vendors, OEM’s, contractors, etc.
- Experience with automation components/controls, PLC’s / HMI’s, robotics, sensors and vision inspection
- Working knowledge of CAD software, including 3D Solid modeling
- Proficient in use of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, working with internal and external resources at all levels
- High energy, self-motivated, and detail-oriented; team work spirit is essential
- Willingness to work projects at multiple sites within a 30 mile radius
- Willingness to travel to venders and other EP sites as needed.
- Machine design experience
- Experience with Beckhoff PLC and HMI software and hardware
- Experience with Cognex and Keyence vision inspection systems
- Experience with IQ, OQ, PQ process validation
- Automation standards experience a plus (i.e. ISA)
- Certified Automation Professional a plus
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status as a veteran, pregnancy and related conditions, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 2554