Journeyman Toolmaker 1
- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher Technologies is driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest range of battery systems in the world for the most demanding applications. We develop leading-edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, aircraft fly farther, rockets launch safely and satellites operate longer. With our cutting-edge research and manufacturing, we continue to set new standards in the industry. For 100 years, we have provided mission-critical power solutions to the defense, aviation and space markets. EaglePicher’s batteries power more than 85 percent of U.S. missile and munition programs and are a key component of the U.S. space program, powering the Mars Rovers and the next crewed mission to the moon. EaglePicher provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize our vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we will give you the opportunity to harness all that is within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher is headquartered in St. Louis, MO with manufacturing and research and development facilities in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and in Southbridge, MA.
For more information visit www.eaglepicher.com
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Journeyman Toolmaker with a passion for customer service at EaglePicher is a key contributor in delivering first class tools, fixtures, and prototype parts for upcoming and ongoing projects. Successful execution of multiple projects ensures timely delivery of our Energetic Devices products that safely and efficiently meet mission-critical, life-saving applications our Defense customers demand.
· Experienced in ensuring a safe and productive team-oriented environment.
· Maintaining excellent house-keeping, setup and operations work practices.
· Operate and program a variety of machine shop equipment: Lathe, vertical mills, drill presses, surface grinders, saws, welders, 3D printers, etc.
· Read, interpret and maintain drawings for tools, fixtures, and machines with a conceptual understanding of GD&T.
· Contribute to customer-oriented team environment in determining solutions for a variety of upcoming projects.
· Learn from higher level toolmakers and help train apprentice level toolmakers.
· Multi-task across multiple projects and equipment to maintain dynamic response network of tasks and projects to ensure on time delivery, resuming production, and smooth production starts.
· Actively learn new methods and techniques in machining, fabrication, welding, and additive manufacturing.
· U.S. Persons.
· H.S. diploma or equivalent.
· Mechanical understanding of machines and small parts tolerances.
· Detail-oriented with an analytical, structured approach to problem solving.
· Proficient with Microsoft office software.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills.
· Understand the theory and use of tools and fixturing in a production environment.
· Self-motivated, helpful team spirit, with a passion for smooth-running production life cycles.
· Ability to operate CNC equipment with instruction;
· Understand the basics of surface grinding, wheel grit and type, depth of cut, etc.
· Basic ability to create files, set up and run FDM and SLA equipment;
· Experienced in the use of shop math, geometry and shop trigonometry;
· Good working knowledge of Machinery’s Handbook, threads, fits, gears, feeds, speeds.
· Exposure to types of metals, tool steels and the concepts of metallurgy.
· Ability to read and interpret detail drawings for conversion into parts;
· Learn to safely lift and maneuver tools and weights in excess of 80+ lb.
· Journeyman level or equivalent, 5-15yrs experience.
· Technical degree in toolmaking, or related technical discipline.
· Experience in semi-automated industrial environments;
· Experience with high precision presses, tooling and dies;
· Experience with welding/metal joining (TIG, solder).
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.