Intern - Supply Chain
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Supply Chain
The Supply Chain Intern is specifically focused on current material requirement analysis for developing strategic competitive opportunities. Role would begin with the material data analysis, development of the requirements, management of a significant competition, negotiations and contract award(s) or would be focused on numerous data analysis projects in our procurement area. Main tasks would be analysis and input of EPT part numbers, manufacturers cross reference data, input into ERP modules, collaboration with Engineering / Programs / Configuration Management to ensure ‘as built’ configuration is traceable. Additional projects would assist with purchase order placement, strategic cost saving project data gathering, property management audit assistance and inventory cycle counts / updates / reconciliation.
- Develops a material strategy for the categories by gathering market, trend, and price information
- Completes supplier RFX process, developing a clear understanding of product and supplier to ensure desired capabilities exist with that supplier, as well as determine and implement the most economic ordering methods;
- Request quotes for proposals with guidance from Supply Chain Management leadership;
- Collaborate with EaglePicher functional groups to ensure all internal material and production schedules are supported while exceeding material cost reduction goals and improving Supplier on time delivery.
- Contribute to a strong governance culture by complying with appropriate policies and procedures;
- Facilitate continuous improvement strategies in accordance with lean supply chain management concepts throughout the organization
- Develop material strategies that support long term cost reduction initiatives.
- Collaborates with Supplier Quality to develop and implement Supplier improvement strategies when required
- Develop, communicate, and enforce company policies and procedures for purchasing;
- Effectively communicate the value of Procurement.
- Some College - Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or related field required.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Be a strong team player who is able to develop and maintain close working internal and external relationships
- Exhibit solid judgment and the ability to make good decisions with minimal supervision;
- Be able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage workflow;
- Be comfortable working independently and operating efficiently;
- Be detail-oriented, accurate, and responsive
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.