- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher Technologies is driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest range of battery systems in the world for the most demanding applications. We develop leading-edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, aircraft fly farther, rockets launch safely and satellites operate longer. With our cutting-edge research and manufacturing, we continue to set new standards in the industry. For 100 years, we have provided mission-critical power solutions to the defense, aviation and space markets. EaglePicher’s batteries power more than 85 percent of U.S. missile and munition programs and are a key component of the U.S. space program, powering the Mars Rovers and the next crewed mission to the moon. EaglePicher provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize our vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we will give you the opportunity to harness all that is within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher is headquartered in St. Louis, MO with manufacturing and research and development facilities in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and in Southbridge, MA.
For more information visit www.eaglepicher.com
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Group Leader – Production is a working lead who supports production activities and the leadership team by providing training, guidance and assistance within the group to which they are assigned. Group Leaders help ensure efficiency, quality and productivity through production support, technical expertise and facilitation of on the job training.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare the production floor for daily production through activities such as toolbox talks, providing safety information, expediting parts, monitoring inventory levels, reviewing production schedules and staffing levels, trouble-shooting machines, dies, jigs and assessing group needs. Keeps supervisor apprised of work progress, delays and/or other relevant issues.
- Assist with the coordination of work and activities of those within the group. Encourage and facilitates team work to accomplish tasks. Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish their own work as well as their area of responsibility, under direction of Supervisor-Production or other Operations Leadership.
- Provide on the job training and coaching to others on production processes. Develop and/or contribute to the development of written work instructions and documentation. Review and ensure compliance to customer specifications, regulations and other requirements.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members; work well with internal customers as well as external customers, vendors, auditors, etc.
- Monitor and review information from systems, productivity levels, scheduling data, backlog, work environment and other sources to ensure production goals are met or to detect and assess issues.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to proactively identify potential issues, maintenance needs or safety concerns. Participate as needed in safety and quality audits and investigations. Elevate findings to ensure they are promptly resolved.
- Provide constructive and respectful feedback to employees about technical matters. Properly escalate any complaints, disputes, conflicts or concerns properly to leadership for resolution.
- Enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain information in written or electronic/magnetic form as it pertains to production, quality and safety. Ensure document control requirements are being met.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time. Act as a role model for the work force and embody desired leadership behaviors and attitude.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in assigned production area and other areas. Spend 85% of the time meeting production schedules ensuring quality standards and safety behaviors are achieved.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files, processing paperwork and tracking metrics data related to quality, safety and production. Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data, or process information.
- Communicate with leaders, peers, or subordinates to provide pertinent information. Also communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, writing, or by phone or e-mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Have a High School Diploma or GED;
- Have 2-4 years’ experience in a manufacturing, assembly or related production environment;
- Be an expert in technical battery knowledge with know-how of assembly processes for multiple designs;
- Have good manual dexterity and fine motor skills;
- Display great attention to detail, ability to read technical documents;
- Have proficient computer skills in a PC windows environment;
- Be a U.S. Persons;
- Be willing and able to obtain ATF clearance (Energetic Devices facility).
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 2631