- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Group Leader – Production is a working lead who supports production activities and the leadership team by providing training, guidance and assistance within the group to which they are assigned. Group Leaders help ensure efficiency, quality and productivity through production support, technical expertise and facilitation of on the job training.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare the production floor for daily production through activities such as toolbox talks, providing safety information, expediting parts, monitoring inventory levels, reviewing production schedules and staffing levels, trouble-shooting machines, dies, jigs and assessing group needs. Keeps supervisor apprised of work progress, delays and/or other relevant issues.
- Assist with the coordination of work and activities of those within the group. Encourage and facilitates team work to accomplish tasks. Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish their own work as well as their area of responsibility, under direction of Supervisor-Production or other Operations Leadership.
- Provide on the job training and coaching to others on production processes. Develop and/or contribute to the development of written work instructions and documentation. Review and ensure compliance to customer specifications, regulations and other requirements.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members; work well with internal customers as well as external customers, vendors, auditors, etc.
- Monitor and review information from systems, productivity levels, scheduling data, backlog, work environment and other sources to ensure production goals are met or to detect and assess issues.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to proactively identify potential issues, maintenance needs or safety concerns. Participate as needed in safety and quality audits and investigations. Elevate findings to ensure they are promptly resolved.
- Provide constructive and respectful feedback to employees about technical matters. Properly escalate any complaints, disputes, conflicts or concerns properly to leadership for resolution.
- Enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain information in written or electronic/magnetic form as it pertains to production, quality and safety. Ensure document control requirements are being met.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time. Act as a role model for the work force and embody desired leadership behaviors and attitude.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in assigned production area and other areas. Spend 85% of the time meeting production schedules ensuring quality standards and safety behaviors are achieved.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files, processing paperwork and tracking metrics data related to quality, safety and production. Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data, or process information.
- Communicate with leaders, peers, or subordinates to provide pertinent information. Also communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, writing, or by phone or e-mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Have a High School Diploma or GED;
- Have 2-4 years’ experience in a manufacturing, assembly or related production environment;
- Be an expert in technical battery knowledge with know-how of assembly processes for multiple designs;
- Have good manual dexterity and fine motor skills;
- Display great attention to detail, ability to read technical documents;
- Have proficient computer skills in a PC windows environment;
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Be willing and able to obtain ATF clearance (Energetic Devices facility).
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 2181